School run

Sponsored Links
I took my dogs for a walk just after lunch, there was loads of cars lined up alongside the road waiting for el kiddos, most with their engine running and I'd say all with the keys in the ignition.
Let's play a game of "Guess how many were NOT using their mobile phone?" :)

One simple solution would be a school bus that picks kids up from outside their houses - many countries have school buses for primary aged children, why don't we? Not something the government would want to pay for though.
You see them in London, but few and far between. People wouldn't even need to be picked up from their homes, but a fair few designated bus stops would be a good idea.

I just don't know why people don't walk, esp secondary schools. I always walked - and when I was very young it was my fav part of the day, walking with mum. I guess those days where both parents didn't have to work are long gone now though.

Sponsored Links
You see them in London, but few and far between. People wouldn't even need to be picked up from their homes, but a fair few designated bus stops would be a good idea.

I just don't know why people don't walk, esp secondary schools. I always walked - and when I was very young it was my fav part of the day, walking with mum. I guess those days where both parents didn't have to work are long gone now though.

My eldest had walked to secondary school since he started, but he lets himself in while we're at work. Youngest does after school club to 6pm and i pick him up on the way home from work. But then i just drive into the school carpark at that time!

Back