Scottish Gas Quote

J

Jimbo1978

Getting Scottish Gas round next weeks for a boiler Quote. I will be going from a gloworm back boiler to a combi in the kitchen. Needing 3 rads changed as 4 have already been done and any pipework and fittings that need to be changed including flue hole and decommisioning of the old boiler. No new gas fire will be put in.
How much do you think??

Go on, have a guess!

:LOL: :cry:

Sponsored Links
i will say £4200, i'm in Coatbridge and will do it for £2800 without seeing it :eek:

i`m not from Coatbridge and i will do it for £2799

reckon BG will be about £3975

Sponsored Links
Well we did one last week we charged £3,700 with two new rads and TRV's alround house 40 meters of 22mm pipe used and 20meters 15 all copper. Full and proper powerflush. BG quote was £5,000 I think. We were very happy to be asked to quote after BG had been. But the job was as hard as they come. If we'd done it for cheap we would be throwing our tools in the sea and joining the dole queue straight after. But if you want yours doing for three seven I'll be on the next train.

Have had two previous quotes for around 2 1/2k mark. One was a guy from Coatbridge. I live in a four in a block type house and have been told all my pipework can stay just a few mods required. Old back boiler is on its last legs and needs serviced plus I'd like to get rid of loft tank for more space. All my pipework i.e mains gas, mains water and outputs to taps etc are all on same wall in kitchen. I really just want the boiler done if thats possible along with any mods for it.
I had a guy come round about a year ago and was supposed to do the heating but never turned up. I had the front face off the fire to decorate and threw it away thinking it wouldn't be needed......ooops :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back