Scottish independence

Sponsored Links
Just become the 51st state of america, trumpsville... Owned by the porcine mr trump.... Utter shame on you. If that's the way you want it goodbye, and no stop spouting ****e like you'll keep the pound... I think you'll find that's our choice, you won't. North sea oil don't make me laugh it paid all ur benefits for years. Goodbye, good riddance.

Working out who's allowed to vote is going to be very entertaining to watch. Another way for Salmond to try to rig the vote too.

So if they had a devalued scotpound would housing get cheaper for the english

I assume you mean, would it be cheaper for an english person to buy a Scottish house.

Yes it would, but I doubt you would see a Spanish style housing boom and subsequent crash.

Dunno about you, but I would have to be paid to live in Scotland, south of England has enough miserable weather.

Sponsored Links
Working out who's allowed to vote is going to be very entertaining to watch. Another way for Salmond to try to rig the vote too.

Working out who is eligible to vote wont be too hard. If you are on the electoral register in Scotland, you can vote.

16 years olds aren't on the electoral register and they will be allowed to vote. Now of course they will be added. Who will also be added?

Poles are on the Electoral register in Scotland, will they be able to vote? Or will they be removed?

What about my mrs, who was born in Scotland so will automatically get Scottish Citizenship in an independent Scotland. Should she be able to vote, even though she hasn't lived there for 25 years? Surely if she is going to be entitled to citizenship, she should be able to vote for the cause (or not).

Then what if you have a scottish grandfather?

I think it's going to be very entertaining indeed!

On the news today it was mentioned how Mr Salmond stated that he would remain in the E.U...... WRONG as it is a new independant country they would have to submit an application to join, BUT surely that would also include the NEW UK as it is no more the same country as when we signed up 40yrs or so ago, :D happy days, every cloud has a silver lining. :LOL: :LOL:

But when asked to publish his legal advice on whether Scotland would automatically remain an EU member, Salmond refused. I wonder why.

The rest of the UK would continue EU membership on existing terms, it's Scotland that would be forced to reapply. They would obviously be fast-tracked and satisfy all the conditions, but the membership terms would be negotiated from fresh and they wouldn't get the opt-outs that England have. That means the Euro and border controls at Gretna (unless England joins Schengen which isn't going to happen).

Also, any other EU state could veto their membership, so who knows Scottish oil and fisheries might end up being traded away.....

There seems to be a high level of bitterness from the english with regards to this independence vote.

Is it because London will no longer be able to rape Scotlands resources to pay for ****e that has next to no benefit to Scotland such as the London Olympics, or the high speed rail link from london to brum/manchester, nuclear warheads, benefits for the HUGE numbers of unemployed people in cities such as Hull,Sheffield,Liverpool,Leeds,Manchester etc.

Oil/Gas,Renewable energy, farming,fishing,tourism,whisky,electronics,shipbuilding,banking, population of just 5million, i think we'll do just fine.

i think we'll do just fine
In Yorkshire?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Brilliant!

He's down here because he can't get a job in Scotland and he's down here sending those lovely tenners with the queen's on them head back home.

(And he also took a pop at Liverpool so he'll be on the end of some reet foul abuse quite shortly)

The trouble is, the Scots, NOT ALL, are indocrinated at a young age to hate the English, their history lessons all about Henry Longshanks subjugating them, like it happened last week, I fear the only ones to vote will be the angry ones, those with a chip on their shoulder and this will allow Salmon to win.

Is it because London will no longer be able to rape Scotlands resources

Economy of London approx 700 billion.

Oil yearly worth to London 12 billion approx.

hmmmm.

Tax revenue from scotland 43 billion, government spending on scotland 54 billion, (so scotland is 1 billion pounds worse of, but then this is based on high oil prices, in the past they have been better off, so its pretty much cost neutral).

Renewable energy

:LOL:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2013/feb/11/scotland-green-energy-renewables-alex-salmond

2.3 billion

Fishing waters are a common resource under EU law..........

Works well for greece and cyprus.........

4.2 billion.

shipbuilding

Good luck with that, seeing as it's UK military contracts that keep your shipyards afloat.

"RBS received the world's biggest bail-out during the financial crisis" (from UK taxpayers)

I think we'll do just fine.

:evil:

I am really not concerned that the Scots may vote for independence, although I very much doubt that Salmon fellow will get his way.

One big advantage to England, if he does succeed, is that the Reds (Labour) will effectively become a spent force in this country. Currently, they rely heavily on the Scottish vote if they hope to get in again.

Remembering how Blair and Brown effectively destroyed the country, I am grateful that they (or their equally feckless successors) will not be able to do any further damage if Scotland becomes independent.

Sponsored Links
Back