sds drills

mo2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know that an sds drill a great for driving stuff in, but what's best for taking stuff out, I know for stubborn screws it's a good idea to use a corded, but what kind?

Sponsored Links
I think it's pretty tough getting screws out even with a drill. I end up digging them out (using a club hammer and an old sharp screw driver or spiked bradawl) and then filling the remaining hole with woodfiller.

Sponsored Links
Yeh, first gear for removing screws, another tip I find is to use a lower torque so that the clutch is clicking, instead of brute force the drill will be trying to remove the screw with a series of little 'taps' much like an impact driver. I've known this to work on stubborn screws.

thanks for the advice guys, because of the awkward positioning of the screws which were inside a small metal window and held it in a wooden frame which I finally gave up and shoved an sds hammer drill all the way through which destroyed the head and allowed me to remove the window and the turn the screw out with a pair of pliers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back