search

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone bothered to have a look at this yet. Seems to me another stealth tax where we all have to attend another health and safety course for for a considerable amount to get certificated to even buy relevant materials.More cotton wool syndrome and coffers to bail out the government methinks :

Sponsored Links
What in the blue blazes are you wittering on about?

Perhaps the subject of this topic is meant to be: quest.
He's searching for something, doesn't really know what it is or where to find it? ;)

sorry Loftus, the program Ime wittering on about is actually called Reach, wether its first on the south coast or not I have no idea but our local radio is full of it

Sponsored Links
Well Thermo, I feel a strong smell of regulated, and costly, bulls t coming along shortly,Ill keep you posted

To be certificated in the use of paints and all chemicals associated with the building trade, and I mean all of them

Whatever you're on, is it expensive?

If not then I wanna try some.

[url=http://www.hse.gov.uk/reach/about.htm#aims]The HSE[/url] said:
To make the people who place chemicals on the market (manufacturers and importers responsible for understanding and managing the risks associated with their use.)
I think there's a typo in that sentence, and it should read as follows:

To make the people who place chemicals on the market (manufacturers and importers) responsible for understanding and managing the risks associated with their use.

So that's manufacturers and importers, not users. :rolleyes:

REACH adopts and builds on the previous system for passing information - the Safety Data Sheet. This should accompany materials down through the supply chain, providing the information users need to ensure chemicals are safely managed. In time these safety data sheets will include information on safe handling and use.

Above is from REACH website, isn't this covered by COSHH

Doesn't involve end users just suppliers and the like.

Sponsored Links
Back