Second vaccine approved.

Sponsored Links
So no second pfizer dose next week. Pfizer are saying there is no data to support the Governments plan to extend the dose regimen to 3 months (that's assuming it won't be extended again)

The only data we have is that the Pfizer vaccine has 52% efficacy after dose 1.

Looks like we are the first to make up our own dosing regimen. :mrgreen:

I'm not sure if it's a brilliant way to make the most of the vaccines available, or a desperate ill judged attempt to rush back to normal at all costs. It all depends on what the data says about this, which I don't have any insight into.

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure if it's a brilliant way to make the most of the vaccines available, or a desperate ill judged attempt to rush back to normal at all costs. It all depends on what the data says about this, which I don't have any insight into.
It does seem odd that the time span (government spin, the 'miracle') now apparently needed between the 'doses' has suddenly increased in line with expected availability times ;)

But unless each and every country in the world has the ability to force it's population to take a 'shot in the dark', then it will remain the 'new normal' for the indefinite future...

And don't forget, there's always covid 20, covid 21, covid 22 etc awaiting...

Having never done it, it amazes me that people sod off around the world with a backpack, and don't starve or die of exposure.
Do they just find a cash point every now and again nowadays?
Most debit and credit cards work around the world now. There is often an exchange service fee, but the actual exchange rate is competitive or even favorable. Of course, because the debit and credit cards work around the world, they work just as easily when the store has electronic payments options, so there's often no need to carry cash anymore. The store charges you, or the ATM dispenses in the local currency, and your bank does the rest, automatically. Sometimes the local limit may be a small amount compared to what you may be used to in UK. I mean small, sometimes as little as the equivalent of about £50, (reflecting the general cost of living in those areas) but multi-operations are sometimes possible, until you meet your usual limit for your card/account, for that day. Otherwise several withdrawals over subsequent days are necessary. You can workaround such limits by withdrawing over the counter. Although I've never explored the opportunity for cashback abroad, maybe because I've never used it in UK either, I suspect it's perfectly possible. I don't know if contactless works internationally. It does for locally issued cards.
It's even possible to take out and load up a specific debit card just for the purpose of use internationally. These can easily be topped up by a third party, such as a parent, etc as and when needed.
It's wise to inform your bank that you intend to use your card internationally, and in which countries.

Because few places accept travellers checks anymore it's usually necessary to cash them at a bank or larger type of organisation such as a hotel, but the exchange rate at places like hotels may not be favorable. But there are still a few specific reasons for using travellers checks, and if they're not used, you can return them unused.

So it's perfectly normal for people to sod off around the world with just a debit or credit card.
Failing any opportunity to buy anything or to use a card, the human kindness of foreign strangers will be overwhelming.

It's even possible to take out and load up a specific debit card just for the purpose of use internationally. These can easily be topped up by a third party, such as a parent, etc as and when needed.
Last two times I’ve been abroad I’ve used my Monzo card. Best exchange rates and it tells you instantly in GBP what you have just spent and at what rate. I top that up from my Barclays account on my phone.

F89F0EF6-A584-4BCD-B24E-2AA3103ADABF.jpeg 655ED193-9C06-49EA-A8B8-FE4351D14029.jpeg

Last edited:
It does seem odd that the time span (government spin, the 'miracle') now apparently needed between the 'doses' has suddenly increased in line with expected availability times ;)

But unless each and every country in the world has the ability to force it's population to take a 'shot in the dark', then it will remain the 'new normal' for the indefinite future...

And don't forget, there's always covid 20, covid 21, covid 22 etc awaiting...
Why are you so interested in Covid and vaccines when you are an anti-vaxxer?

Why are you so interested in Covid and vaccines when you are an anti-vaxxer?
Posting 'fake news' as usual since you are in fact just an ignorant tw*t!

I'm not an anti vaxxer as I have explained before...

I do however wish to find out what exactly is going to be injected into my and my family's bodies, and the possible side effects...

So I'd like to know why those who criticize that approach are happy to believe anything they are told about this 'vaccine'?

You really do like to show yourself up time and time again...

Keep up the good work in 2021 :LOL:

The drugmaker said decisions on alternative dosing regimens were in the hands of health authorities and that it remained committed to talking to regulators, but it stressed each recipient should be afforded the maximum possible protection, “which means immunisation with two doses of the vaccine”

Although partial protection through the vaccine appears to begin as early as 12 days after the first jab, Pfizer stressed that two doses were required to provide the maximum protection against the disease, with an efficacy figure of 95 per cent. Crucially, it said: “There are no data to demonstrate that protection after the first dose is sustained after 21 days.”

Some GPs had to cancel appointments whilst some will go ahead as such a sudden change will cause more chaos and confusion.

Sponsored Links
Back