Second vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
When people say that the lies, fantasy, unicorns or whatever don't matter and the referendum is over, and the result stands, do they also take the same attitude with drugs in sport, or cheating in exams, or perjury in court, or tax evasion, etc?
Is it common decency and fair to re-examine a result when one or more candidate has been seen to have cheated in some way.

I fail to understand why a second referendum is being denied now that the details of the withdrawal are apparent.
Unless one goes back to the opening comment in this thread as the only credible explanation.

Sponsored Links
When people say that the lies, fantasy, unicorns or whatever don't matter and the referendum is over, and the result stands, do they also take the same attitude with drugs in sport, or cheating in exams, or perjury in court, or tax evasion, etc?
Is it common decency and fair to re-examine a result when one or more candidate has been seen to have cheated in some way.

I fail to understand why a second referendum is being denied now that the details of the withdrawal are apparent.
Unless one goes back to the opening comment in this thread as the only credible explanation.
People lie and exaggerate on both sides.No comparison between an individual drug cheat and seriously trying to prove a national referendum result would be totally different if one person was removed.I cannot believe how desperate you remoaners are,get over yourselves

People lie and exaggerate on both sides.No comparison between an individual drug cheat and seriously trying to prove a national referendum result would be totally different if one person was removed.I cannot believe how desperate you remoaners are,get over yourselves
Oh look, Mummy - it's a frightened little man.

If one member of a team takes drugs the whole team is disqualified.
If one person cheats in a team test, the whole team is eliminated.
If one person in a court case perjures themselves the whole case can be dismissed.

A single individual can render the whole argument invalid.

Exaggeration is one thing but lies, fantasy and false promises are in a different league. As is refusing to disclose relevant documentation (The Impact Assessments).

You are conflating the argument. Do you feel that gives weight to your argument.

candidate has been seen to have cheated in some way
Well Osbornes project fear could be counted as cheating.
Also the remain camp were fined for not declaring spending.
Maybe you have a point (y)

I'm all for a 2nd vote now. As I would rather stay in rather than except TMs deal

You are conflating the argument. Do you feel that gives weight to your argument.

Well Osbornes project fear could be counted as cheating.
Also the remain camp were fined for not declaring spending.
Maybe you have a point (y)
It's comparison not conflation. I'm comparing one situation with several others not mixing them all into one.

Osborne's project fear was avoided by clever strategy from the BoE. Without their intervention his project fear may have been a reality. His project Fear may even have motivated and created their strategy.
As it is, it would fall into the exaggeration category not the outright lies, fantasy and false promises.

Redherring perhaps?
Santa Claus maybe?
Devil incarnate possibly?

It seems to be causing you some concern.

Do you have any constructive arguments or are you limited to guessing games, conspiracy theories and silly comments?

I don't care who you are, who you were or who you may become. I judge you on the value of your contributions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back