Securespark - why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soggy_weetabix

The topic says it all.

I watched my Grandmother die of this aggresive cancer.

Im so angry by that comment you made I want to know why you thought it was appropraite. Can you explain it to me please?

You were abhorred by my beating of a lad who spat at me because of past experiences you had encountered.

Your comment, I find is one of the most hurtful things I has ever has the displeasure to read.

Dave

Sponsored Links
That was pretty mild I thought and just an off the cuff harmless remark. Didn't find it offensive at all.
It's the wild west on the plains of the internet at times and probably worse. Only difference is when one is offended one cannot pull a revolver from the holster and drop your opponent. If you want your skin thickened up have a look at the comments left on JG U-tube videos.
And yes the big C visited upon my family leaving it's trail off destruction and will do again.
Heck, if I was dying off cancer and someone compared me to that thing in the image I'd be flattered. :)

i agree with norcon! most of us as we get older lose close family/friends to cancer in one form or other.
securespark made an off the cuff remark in jest (though in poor taste) to which he will probably now regret............if he doesn't then thats his problem.

i cant see anything that i find wrong in what he wrote hes just written the truth,sad fact of life im afraid we all have to deal with it the best way possible.

Sponsored Links
Dave:

I apologise for upsetting you. It is never my intention to deliberately upset anyone.

EDIT:

I now understand what this is about.

Please rest assured my comment had nothing whatsoever to do with the disease cancer.

It was borne purely out of the fact that some in the media have likened the person to a certain animal.

Again, please accept my apologies for any distress caused.

However, I am puzzled. My remark (as alastair said) must have been so off the cuff I am unaware what I said that caused offence.

You must be aware mate. Everyone likes a laugh and a joke but some things are just out of order. What you wrote was in my opinion.

Have I missed something? I take it that something untoward was written on a now deleted thread?

You must be aware mate. Everyone likes a laugh and a joke but some things are just out of order. What you wrote was in my opinion.

OOI, why were you offended by what I wrote?

Looks like thread has been pulled.
Apologies accepted SS. We all make mistakes by saying the wrong thing at times, this time it happened to be you.

There are a lot of things said on this forum that are sensitive or offend others some are dealt with others are not, some will say it's detrimental to freedom of speech, as all topics it's how its taken in context and how it affects individuals on here.
Perhaps we all need to think twice before we commit to type?

Do I really need to give a reason?

Or can't you just accept that your 'off the cuff' remark was crass, insensitive and in the circumstances in extremely bad taste.

Guess so. I can't find it now.

Well, whatever it was, and apart from the obvious curiosity, I don't want to know, you seem to have made your peace and lets hope all offended can forgive any misunderstanding of your intent, and move on.

Forgive & forget.
Life is hard enough without bearing grudges.
(and it takes too much effort! ;) )

Do I really need to give a reason?

Or can't you just accept that your 'off the cuff' remark was crass, insensitive and in the circumstances in extremely bad taste.

No you don't have to. Dave kindly explained why he was upset and that helped me to understand things from his POV.

At the time, I didn't think my remark was in extremely bad taste, which is why I posted it.

However, on reflection, I can see people (not just Dave) have been upset by it, hence my unreserved apology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back