Sezied stop cock - is this a standard 15mm stop cock?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Picture attached of internal stop cock which is seized and handle sheared off.

Mains stop cock is seized too so thinking of switching this live with a new 15mm stop cock.

But its pretty old so unsure if its still standard size.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20210625_134710087.jpg
    IMG_20210625_134710087.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 170
Sponsored Links
Mains stop cock is seized too so thinking of switching this live with a new 15mm stop cock.
Good luck
standard size.
Standard? It looks 15mm, but no stopcock is “standard size”. If the boundary stopcock (what I’m assuming you’re calling mains) is seized, then next best option is freezing. I’ve noticed you have a branch off before, which isn’t best practice, so perhaps there’s one before that?

Freeze and fit new above, leave the old one in place if it is in open postion.

Thanks!

The branch off is going through my ground floor flat, up through to the 2nd floor flat and then into the loft to fill the cold water tank!

The pipe in insulation is the mains cold water feed coming in from the bottom right hand side.

Just discovered screwfix sell an isolator called the aladdin easyfit isolator that allows you to do it live. Might put than onto the mains cold water feed to isolate that way.

Sponsored Links
Thanks!

The branch off is going through my ground floor flat, up through to the 2nd floor flat and then into the loft to fill the cold water tank!

The pipe in insulation is the mains cold water feed coming in from the bottom right hand side.

Just discovered screwfix sell an isolator called the aladdin easyfit isolator that allows you to do it live. Might put than onto the mains cold water feed to isolate that way.
Watch the aladdin video first then take a deep breath before drilling. Warning: They are heavy valves!

If the outside mains stop tap is seized and it cover all the flats then it's time to call the water transporter and get them to sort it out, it's their responsibility.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back