shed roofs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi! does any one know a good shed roof ,not felt to last and the cost ;i have a 10 by 13 shed and need it to last 15 to 20 years! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Did you weatherboard it? Ie: put a run of 4x1 around the perimeter of the roof to protect the felt edges.

hi! yes i did! i think the felt is not good around corners ,however will refelt with thin layer see if this does the job! cheers.

You could also use felt adhesive at the corners/edges, and this should help to keep it in place.

Sponsored Links
hi! does any one know a good cheap roofing material other than felt which will last atleast 15 years in all weathers ?

it does make me smile when someone asks for a cheap roofing material, and then in the same sentence, expect it to last 15 years, outdoors in all weather. :rolleyes:

there are cheap felts and there are expensive ones. 'you gets what you pays for'.

stop being a tightwad and cough up the dollar!

will probably last 3 to 5 years with cheap mineral felt

my shed is the same size as yours and my neibour with a gas cylinder and around £160 worth of felt [base layer x1 mid layer x2 and top layer x2] should last 15 to 20 years so at £12.50 a year including a good whack for his trouble a lot cheaper than replacing it every 3 to 5 years :D

hi! does any one know a good cheap roofing material other than felt which will last atleast 15 years in all weathers ?

it does make me smile when someone asks for a cheap roofing material, and then in the same sentence, expect it to last 15 years, outdoors in all weather. :rolleyes:

there are cheap felts and there are expensive ones. 'you gets what you pays for'.

stop being a tightwad and cough up the dollar!
quite right in what you say;however i have used the most expensive felt going so did not know what was on the market! I shall wait for your advice! cheers from a tight wad!

will probably last 3 to 5 years with cheap mineral felt

my shed is the same size as yours and my neibour with a gas cylinder and around £160 worth of felt [base layer x1 mid layer x2 and top layer x2] should last 15 to 20 years so at £12.50 a year including a good whack for his trouble a lot cheaper than replacing it ever 3 to 5 years :D
cheers ! i will look in to this,i have spent 100 notes on the roof and it has lasted 3 years?

thankyou to all for your help ,felt is out and i am looking for something else to put on it!

Use the cheapest felt and whack a metal sheet roof over the top.

Wickes used to sell a mastic for sticking felt down. Tthats what I used over 20 years ago and never had a problem. If you fix with nails it will only last a few years.

Wickes used to sell a mastic for sticking felt down. Tthats what I used over 20 years ago and never had a problem. If you fix with nails it will only last a few years.

I always use both, felt adhesive and nails that is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back