sheet lead roof stolen, looking for alternative replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house was visited by thieves who took the sheet lead, lead pipe etc. away. Police said there are thieves around in this area to steal lead. I wonder if there are any alternative ways to replace sheet lead so the thieves may stop visiting my house. Any idea? All comments welcomed

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You should be pleased it was only lead!

My friend who has been upgrading a house had £11,000 of newly fitted PV panels stolen from the roof! No insurance either as you cannot insure an unoccupied hopuse while its being worked on.

I wonder if the thieves were tipped off by his workers?

Tony

I guess it was from non-local thieves.

British get generous benefit. They do not bothered with a few pounds by paying big labour effort of cutting lead tubes, taking heavy sheet lead. Lead is sold at about 1USD/per pound.

I never thought people can make big profit from that.

!!!!!Where have you been for the las few years? !!!!!

I wish I had some thieves friends who may give me some information about what is hot in their world. Lead? never thought about it.

my social club had the lead roof stolen, twice. It's now been done in EDPM.

the sods came back another time to try to get the flashing over doorways, but gave up.

I have a sack of lead pipe from when I upgraded that water main, what can I do with it?

I have a sack of lead pipe from when I upgraded that water main, what can I do with it?

take it to metal recycling merchant and swap it for beer vouchers.

Currently about £1000 per tonne depending on quantity and presentation.

Chingford.

When the police was informed, they said there were crimes reported in this area that thieves take lead away from houses. There is no safe area in London now. A friend of mine, living in Woodford, happiely stayed there for the last 20 years, had her window broken by thieves in order to take the car key for an old worthless sport car.

Which area of London are you living?

Seems to be a major outbreak of roof lead theft going on at the moment.
Police seem unable / incapable / unwilling to do much about it.

I'd be interested to see some more reports of WHERE this is happening, especially South London.

PS Sorry to hijack this thread - but it seemed to have gone off topic already!

You should be pleased it was only lead!

My friend who has been upgrading a house had £11,000 of newly fitted PV panels stolen from the roof! No insurance either as you cannot insure an unoccupied hopuse while its being worked on.

I wonder if the thieves were tipped off by his Polish workers?

Tony
Another racist post, well done.

Tony Glazier - DIYnot's answer to Nick Griffin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back