shoplifter defended by woke

I'd call the police. But perhaps the perpetrators think the laws are against stealing are wrong and they can therefore can do whatever they like. And then be congratulated for having the courage to do it by their supporters.

Who knows...
Crime number to claim on your insurance?

Sponsored Links
I wonder what you would do if someone tried to have the tools out of the back of your van or turned up to help themselves to your materials? If that person happened to be black, you'd be ok with their mates protesting outside your business causing you to go in to hiding.
Theft is different to this case

Sponsored Links
Why, would expect something else to happen.
What? I don't know what you mean. Would I expect something else to happen if I claimed on my insurance? Or something else?

Would you expect the police to do anything other than give you a crime number.

Twitter / X is awash with videos from California where shoplifters, either alone or in groups, brazenly fill bags with goods from the shelves and walk out unimpeded while the employees look on. This is due to police not responding to shoplifting under the value of $950 and for chain stores it's company policy not to interfere with shoplifters.

I wonder to what extent social media spreads this behaviour...

when there's a gap in their duties.
and you say I only have only 3 neurons!

Yes, in an ideal, magical world, we'll have cheeky bobbies on the beat passing by shops at all ours, catching and recognising offenders and slinging them in the stocks, so the public can throw rotten vegetables at them (at least that is one thing we still have a lot of).

Unfortunately. a majority of people disagree with this approach, and prefer to keep their money in their pockets rather than pay higher taxes to have a safe and functioning society.

Maybe one day we'll get a government that really wants to make things better? Until then, get used to the crap the people have voted for. It will only get worse. Best shop online and pretend the country isn't going down the pan.

Twitter / X is awash with videos from California where shoplifters, either alone or in groups, brazenly fill bags with goods from the shelves and walk out unimpeded while the employees look on. This is due to police not responding to shoplifting under the value of $950 and for chain stores it's company policy not to interfere with shoplifters.

I wonder to what extent social media spreads this behaviour...
This has been happening for years. My local coop is always losing goods this way. Staff do not intervene for their own safety. It is still cheaper to let the druggies nick a few burgers than to hire a full time security officer.

This has been happening for years. My local coop is always losing goods this way. Staff do not intervene for their own safety. It is still cheaper to let the druggies nick a few burgers than to hire a full time security officer.

Of course, but brazenly wandering into Target/CVS/Footlocker (US chains) and openly taking large amounts of high value discretionary/luxury items is a bit different to junkies shoving munchies up their jumper.

There are also a few videos of shoplifters being shot or beaten up. Shoplifting impacts everyone as we all pay higher prices to subsidise their "free" goods. We will see what comes of this one. At the end of the day if her solution to her dispute is to walk off with goods that she hasn't paid for, then she has criminal allegations to deal with.

Either way the shop owner will lose much more.

Possibly. If only she had destroyed his CCTV camera and smashed up his van, presumably that would have been ok.
Only if the cameras and vans are there to steal from working people.
Crime number to claim on your insurance?

Yes, sure! :ROFLMAO:
I'd expect them to investigate.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
and you say I only have only 3 neurons!

Yes, in an ideal, magical world, we'll have cheeky bobbies on the beat passing by shops at all ours, catching and recognising offenders and slinging them in the stocks, so the public can throw rotten vegetables at them (at least that is one thing we still have a lot of).

Unfortunately. a majority of people disagree with this approach, and prefer to keep their money in their pockets rather than pay higher taxes to have a safe and functioning society.

Maybe one day we'll get a government that really wants to make things better? Until then, get used to the crap the people have voted for. It will only get worse. Best shop online and pretend the country isn't going down the pan.

Do you realise you're saying the same thing I'm saying???

Sponsored Links
Back