Shortage at my Sainsbury's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Notch has gone full tonto again, call the nurse, oh, don't bother, we haven't got any. Brexit.
He's so negative all the time. Yet he accuses anyone who vaguely disagrees with him of moaning. No way to live. I do wonder sometimes if he is some kind of influencer. No one in their right mind would post all day, every day about old news they can't change, surely?

Sponsored Links
He's so negative all the time. Yet he accuses anyone who vaguely disagrees with him of moaning. No way to live. I do wonder sometimes if he is some kind of influencer. No one in their right mind would post all day, every day about old news they can't change, surely?
Has Brexit suddenly become the greatest thing for the UK? He gasps!

..er no. Still the same old shoite.

Today there is no lettuce, tomorrow some meat products are missing.
I get that you make up stories of what wasn’t in the shops today but come on, making up stuff that isn’t going to be in stock the following day is a bit OTT even for you!

Notch thinks British butter grows in the fields.

I see Notch has gone full tonto again, call the nurse, oh, don't bother, we haven't got any. Brexit.
He's certainly working himself into a lather. Frothing at the mouth even. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
It does grow in the fields!

Dairy cows have a diet high in forage, which in Spring and Summer means grass.

One reason British butter availability may be lower is because there is less being imported.

Another may be that staff levels have dropped in the industry and there is a struggle to get butter onto the shelves.

Sponsored Links
It does grow in the fields!

Dairy cows have a diet high in forage, which in Spring and Summer means grass.
Another may be that staff levels have dropped in the industry and there is a struggle to get butter onto the shelves.
Grass didn’t need harvesting by cheap foreign labour.

As for struggling to get British butter on the shelves, if they can get foreign butter onto them then they can get British butter onto the shelves too unless it’s too slippery to handle!

Grass didn’t need harvesting by cheap foreign labour.

As for struggling to get British butter on the shelves, if they can get foreign butter onto them then they can get British butter onto the shelves too unless it’s too slippery to handle!
I believe we export more dairy goods than we import, maybe they are prioritising produce for foreigners ?

I'm more shocked as to why Mottie is trying to buy unsalted butter :D

I believe we export more dairy goods than we import, maybe they are prioritising produce for foreigners ?
I thought we had to jump through all sorts of hoops, pay a ransom and spend ten days filling in forms to exports stuff? Maybe I was wrong?

I was looking for Marg at Sainsbury on Saturday. Nothing down the butter Isle or the milk Isle. Found her talking to Trudy on the tills

June 2022 The Metro

Farmers have been left ‘on the brink’ after Brexit put a ‘massive hole’ in the numbers of fruit pickers coming to the UK in the summer months, it has been claimed.

Applications for seasonal work at one Kent-based company are down 90% in the last two years and there are fears for the future.

Stephen Taylor, managing director of Winterwood Farms Ltd, said the labour market has got ‘tighter and tighter’ over the last couple of years.

He said the impact of Brexit on the flow of workers to UK farms is only getting worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back