should chicken be pink?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just cooked some chicken for my dinner.. ( stuffed crown joint in a tin.. ) the instructions said 180C for 55-60 mins.. stick it with a squewer and if the juices run clear it's done..

I pre-heated the oven and put it in for 60 mins, when it was "done" it didn't look quite right even though the juices ran clear.. ( IE not like mom made.. ).. so I put it in for another 15 mins at 220C.. ( Ok, so I'd forgotten to do the chips and thought a few more mins wouldn't hurt.. )

after the extra time it looked better, but when it came to cut it, it was kind of pink all the way through.. not raw pink, but not the plain chicken white I'm used to seeing at moms..

is it normal for chicken to be pink straight out of the oven? does it go chicken white once it's "sat" for a while?

Sponsored Links
didn't eat it.. made do with the chips..

gonna just have chicken breasts next time....

i have seen cooked chicken look like this too.

so long as the meat is not translucent in any way and appears cooked you should be ok.

Sponsored Links
If it was in a tin it would have to have been sterilised before or when it was canned. Probably irradiated.

Enjoy...

Its fine but you'll not be able to eat it now that you've thought about it being off! :LOL: was it organic?

I don't mean tin as in can, I mean tin as in it's own baking tray.. ready to cook.. just peel the plastic off..

it's turned chicken white now.. after sitting on the plate for a bit.. must be a chemical reaction when it cools..

so next time I'll know to let it sit for 10-15 mins before carving...

I don't mean tin as in can, I mean tin as in it's own baking tray.. ready to cook.. just peel the plastic off..

it's turned chicken white now.. after sitting on the plate for a bit.. must be a chemical reaction when it cools..

so next time I'll know to let it sit for 10-15 mins before carving...
I think you will find it says on the instructions to leave for ten minutes after cooking before serving.

Sponsored Links
Back