should chicken be pink?

I saw some pink chickens at an Australian Zoo. I said the the keeper' "What are those pink birds over there standing on one leg ?"
He said, "They're flaming dingos",
"OK keep your wig on I only asked".

Sponsored Links
I once went for a ruby takeaway and the chicken was pink in the centre...I didnt eat it, but when I went back the next time they said that was how it was really meant to be served..
It is if the intention is to give people food poisoning ;)

I don't mean tin as in can, I mean tin as in it's own baking tray.. ready to cook.. just peel the plastic off..

it's turned chicken white now.. after sitting on the plate for a bit.. must be a chemical reaction when it cools..

so next time I'll know to let it sit for 10-15 mins before carving...
I think you will find it says on the instructions to leave for ten minutes after cooking before serving.

Thats only to give it time to get up and walk away if it's not cooked through.

Sponsored Links
White (breast) meat can be eaten slightly pink, we are accusomed to seeing it white and dried out because it always gets cooked for the same time as the brown (leg) meat, which does require more time and must be thoroughly cooked.

Really enthusiastic chefs will actually separate the two types of meat and cook the breast for less time then serve it a bit pink.

Did you know that the chicken is the closest living relative to dinosaurs?

Wish I'd been Fred Flintstone!

WILMAAAAA!

That's only a theory. If dinos were cold blooded - how did they switch over to warm?

That's only a theory. If dinos were cold blooded - how did they switch over to warm?
Is that a theory or fact that dinos were cold blooded.
Going back to the chicken, when we are in the best of health we are described as in the pink ,so is the pink chicken the same.

Sponsored Links
Back