should jag be bailed out

Sponsored Links
Didnt realise relatively recently manufactured vehicles could have carbs as standard due to emissions.

Recently manufactured :?: :!: You can tell its a straight six by the spark plug leads.

It was the XK bit I picked up on.

jaguar_xk_25_01_07.jpg

But have just realised there was another XK

Jaguar%20XK%20120%20OTS%20LOE%203%20001.jpg
[/quote]

Sponsored Links
As someone has already said they are providing jobs and manufacturing, something which we need at the moment, but if i remember correctly TATA bought them for a very low fee, so if the UK government (taxpayer) is going to bail them out then they should buy back the company, to help keep the manufacturing uk based

It would be a shame for Jaguar and Land-Rover in their current guise to fall, but as has been said who will buy their cars? Beautiful as they are, the number of people who can afford a £40K-60K car is decreasing all the time, and the number of lenders who will give stupid people £40K to buy a car is also decreasing.

I think now is the time when a paradigm shift stands the most chance: OPEC is going to massage the oil prices again through reduced production, greater unemployment and lower inflation is going to reduce labour costs in this country. It's been a good few years since a technological revolution surely?

Perhaps a sustainable hydrogen economy is what we need right now. There isn't enough lithium in the world to produce battery packs for the electric cars we need, and hydrogen internal combustion is a cheap technology (once you get over the fact that your fuel will have all boiled away if you leave your car in an airport carpark for 2 weeks! :LOL: )

The soon-to-be plutocrats are whoever can get their cars to market whilst persuading the government and/or Big Oil and/or Big Hydrogen to deploy the necessary infrastructure.

Are you guys for real? The government finds the cash to bail out the fat bankers who got us into this mess and yet you squirm when Jag and LR come cap in hand due to a mess not of their own making. Never forget who got us in this position… BANKERS. It was their recklessness fecklessness and downright greed that screwed the whole system. I would have the lot of them in the stocks!

The shareholders of the major banks that were bailed out weren’t all British were they?

There isn't enough lithium in the world to produce battery packs for the electric cars we need

You're probably right, but Lithium is more abundant than say copper, zinc, lead and tungsten etc and about as abundant as chlorine.

Just have to produce hydrogen in green fashion now. I know, lets use electrolysis ......... oh, ah, ok.

Are you guys for real? The government finds the cash to bail out the fat bankers who got us into this mess and yet you squirm when Jag and LR come cap in hand due to a mess not of their own making. Never forget who got us in this position… BANKERS. It was their recklessness fecklessness and downright greed that screwed the whole system. I would have the lot of them in the stocks!

The shareholders of the major banks that were bailed out weren’t all British were they?

if the banking system fails then every company fails. Companies have overstrecthed themselves too, so theyve got themselves in their own mess.

A loan i can understand, but not a bail out

Both companies produce in the main gas guzzlers which the government is penalizing in various ways and is committed to driving off the roads
Therefore surely part of the reason for their existing predicament is that they are producing a product which is in a declining market.
It seems to me that, irrespective of the current economic climate, the long term prospects of these companies is limited.
Its only a question of time before they went t**ts up
One other point why is that twit Mandy who nobody elected, speaking as if he is the Prime Minister, for some reason he really gets up my nose. :evil:

If the banking system fails then every company fails.

And likewise, if industry collapses, then the banks will quickly follow.

This countrys main industries are tertiary and service industries, not manufacturing. If they fail or are scaled down the banking industry will survive as it is international. How many banks went down in the eighties when many of our heavy industries went under?

Sponsored Links
Back