Should we complain

Quote joe-90
(Especially in the Red Light district)

.....hope you always remember Joe (It a JOKE)

seriously, absolutely agree, always nice to give a complement for good service even if its only at the till in a supermarket.

Sponsored Links
Quote joe-90

seriously, absolutely agree, always nice to give a complement for good service even if its only at the till in a supermarket.

Is it not strange that we are discussing good service and joe,s attention turns to red light district :eek: :eek: ...I think he is meaning personal good service from experience :) :)

Brigadier";p="2101329 said:
Whether you have a genuine complaint, or you're just a whinging t****r, depends on whether you've paid a fair price, and what you were promised. If you paid peanuts with no guarantee of quality, caveat emptor, imo[/quote

never came across imo in latin...

Quote joe-90

In my book, you reward good service.... and not bad service...

the ones giving bad service should soon learn...

Sponsored Links
Do you think we should complain about bad customer service etc.
Does it just make us a 'whinger' or are we justified in expecting first class service.
Dont know about you Susie, but I do complain and recent (this year), complaints resulted in my being awarded £350.00 from my bank and the person who caused the problem being demoted; all of the fees paid to my dentist over the past 5 years being refunded after I reported my concerns to the GDC; a total (£800.00) refund on I-pods, telephones in-house and mobiles etc damaged because of a power surge; a 6th replacement and a refund for a fridge freezer bought in 2003 and I still have a 2 year guarantee on the 6th replacement and; a £3,300 refund on a PPI.
If I am of the opinion that right is might, I never ever give up and given my success, I truly believe that others should follow suit.

quote bolo: I never ever give up

You sound like me .....I am a Customer Services nightmare ..... if i know I am in the right I won't give in....

Do you think we should complain about bad customer service etc.
Does it just make us a 'whinger' or are we justified in expecting first class service.
Dont know about you Susie, but I do complain and recent (this year), complaints resulted in my being awarded £350.00 from my bank and the person who caused the problem being demoted; all of the fees paid to my dentist over the past 5 years being refunded after I reported my concerns to the GDC; a total (£800.00) refund on I-pods, telephones in-house and mobiles etc damaged because of a power surge; a 6th replacement and a refund for a fridge freezer bought in 2003 and I still have a 2 year guarantee on the 6th replacement and; a £3,300 refund on a PPI.
If I am of the opinion that right is might, I never ever give up and given my success, I truly believe that others should follow suit.

Sounds good, to get all those refunds, i don't get much back as i do n't get mugged in the first place.

:eek:

susiejb said:
If you write a letter to the management stating your complaint they can they hopefully rectify it.

I see, the delayed complaint. :idea: :idea: :idea: I did that once when our local swimming pool started charging 50p extra to use the sauna (which had previously been free). I didn't pay and, as far as I could see, hardly anybody else did either because it was empty most of the time.

When I got back home I went on their website and told them in no uncertain terms what I thought of their new prices. :mad: :mad: :mad: And guess what - it didn't make a blind bit of difference. Why was I not surprized. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So I reverted to my usual approach and never went back there again. :cool: :cool: :cool:

quote Space cat: I see, the delayed complaint

Well at least it makes a point ..... better than saying nothing in my opinion :rolleyes:

Took my sons new swimming pool and the youngest was asked to swim 3 lengths and tread water for 5 mins, he was 7 at the time. I said leave it out as it was a large pool. They said he had to use the paddling pool. I complained and said I was supervising my children, we had to leave.
Complained and they snet me free tickets to go back..............like that would have worked!

Has anyone considered the possibility, that the complaining culture we've now adopted, is partly responsible for the ridiculous state our country is in now.?????

Alarm gave an example of this.
The problems he had regarding his child swimming, was ultimately down to someone that had previously complained.

Just one example of thousands.

I think lastmagicbean that in many instances its probably the ridiculous rise in the 'compensation culture' that brings about many unneccesary rules and regulations.

My G/F ex partner used to go out to a meal or weekend away - then start a row with the staff - he usually got a free meal or free weekend out of it.
No wonder she dumped him.

Sounds good, to get all those refunds, i don't get much back as i do n't get mugged in the first place.
:eek:

I didn't get mugged Libby! :mrgreen:
Bank: 2 days before the end of the tax year, I opened an ISA for the full amount and 3 days later when I went to add this years money, discovered that the FA had forgotten to open the first account. Since it couldn't be done retrospectively, I was awarded the £350 for loss of interest. The fact that I then banked the £5000 at a higher interest rate didn't come into it.

Dentist: GDC upheld my complaint and I asked for, and received by return post the fees paid to my dentist over the past 5 years.

Electrical Goods: Man from my provider cold called one evening and said that there was a problem in the next street which was causing a surge and could I check my appliances. True enough we lost all of the small goods that had been on standby. He gave me a number to phone and I was given the go-ahead to replace all of the items including those that I no longer had receipts for. All replacements were bought at Argos and the cheque arrived within a couple of days.

Fridge Freezer: Bought in 2003 with an extended (5 year) warranty. 2005 replaced (with a new 5 year warranty), when freezer housing cracked. 2006 again replaced (with a 3 year warranty) for the same fault. 2008 the replacement, (a different make), broke down, was replaced and the shop paid the £100 for a new 3 year warranty. 2011 freezer stopped working, and was replaced. 2011 discovered that replacement had a retail price that was just 2 thirds of the original freezer cost so complained and a few weeks ago took delivery of a new FF of the same spec as the original.

PPI:So simple. Just wrote to the bank and cash refunded almost by return.Why some people use the guys advertising on tv to claim back their cash is beyond me.

I think lastmagicbean that in many instances its probably the ridiculous rise in the 'compensation culture' that brings about many unneccesary rules and regulations.

I agree, but the ridiculous compensation culture was surely born from a complaint of some description to start with.

It ultimately amounts to the same thing, surely. ?

Sponsored Links
Back