Should we complain

S

Susiejb

Do you think we should complain about bad customer service, shoddy goods etc.
Does it just make us a 'whinger' or are we justified in expecting first class service.

Sponsored Links
Rather than complain, it is sometimes best to try to explain the error of their ways, and how improvement could help you become an advocate of their goods / service.

If they cannot accept your advice then you should not be trading with the company in the first place.

Just say you were in a restaurant and you food was just lukewarm....sort of eatable ....but not great .....would you mention it ?

Of course you should raise your concerns and complain if necessary.

The money you are going to give them is a quantified measure of the amount of time of your one existence on this planet you have used in exchange for it. Throwing away money, which is exactly what you are doing if you are not happy with the goods or services received, is precisely the same as throwing away part of your time on this planet.

Let's not beat about the bush, you have worked hard to get that cash. You are being perfectly reasonable to expect those who you are about to hand it over to, to have done the same.

Sponsored Links
So cantaloup you do complain ?
So often you hear people moaning about quality and service....but if you ask them if they complained no they didn't.

the last time i was served bad food they ended up wearing it. i do not eat out now as i can not run as fast as i could then :)

:LOL:

The trouble with customer service is it is subjective, what is good for one person may not be so good for another.

Also some people ask for a job to be done on the cheap, but then complain possibly because the finish is not quite as good as they expected.

The person receiving the service may be just 'on one' that day, and no matter how good a job you do, they are still going to complain.

Then again, some people are just born complainers.

Although we still have to acknowledge that cowboys do exist.

So cantaloup you do complain ?
So often you hear people moaning about quality and service....but if you ask them if they complained no they didn't.
The last couple of times I have complained (over the last couple of months) got me £10 back from Orange and £400 out of court settlement from e2save due to their mis-selling techniques and breaking the TPS regulations.
I used to be a shrinking violet but not any more. That's sort of why I don't wear sunglasses anyomre to hide my leacherous eyes

If I am not happy with any service I will in a polite manner point out the problem and have found from experience that the issue can be resolved there and then but only on a few occasions I have asked for the manager so I can escalate the issue, not sure if it is complaining but if you approach folk the right way things can be resolved but if you go in aggressive and shouting it just delays the problem....as another said you work hard for your money and dont throw it away because you want to keep quiet

If you send unsatisfactory food back to the kitchen, who knows what happens to it on its way back to you...... :eek:
I just send it back (minimally touched) then leave....voting with my feet.
John :)

Whether you have a genuine complaint, or you're just a whinging tosser, depends on whether you've paid a fair price, and what you were promised. If you paid peanuts with no guarantee of quality, caveat emptor, imo

Burnerman said:
....voting with my feet

In most cases that's also my attitude. If I get shoddy service in a restaurant I make a mental note never to go back. :mad: :mad: :mad: I think that's the British way and, might I suggest, it's more effective.

Have to disagree there Space cat, if you do that the management are unaware of you dissatisfaction.
If you write a letter to the management stating your complaint they can they hopefully rectify it.
Brigadier....you mentioned price.....that to me is irrelevant.....you pay for a service to be delivered in an efficient and satisfactory manner....no I wouldn't expect the same level of food and ambiance in Burger King as I would in Rick Steins.
BUT I would still expect good service, pleasant, friendly, well turned out staff and a clean environment.

Yes, it's important to complain.

Equally important is to tell someone when they have done a good job, or you enjoyed what they did.

Sponsored Links
Back