Should we tolerate or allow bad/abusive behavior in public?

rogue, no one is 'resorting' to ad hominem attacks, they have already crushed your arguments beyond all recognition and have now started making it clear they think you are an irritating pr*ck with a LOT of time on his hands. I predict you will say irritating because you cast light on racist views blah de blah, but actually no, irritating because you misunderstand the words you are using yet are convinced you are right or even remotely intelligent.

Sponsored Links
You're getting desperate now, RH - quote-mining from any context, in a vain attempt to discredit a poster. For the record, my quote was regarding your wordplay to continue your support for Positive Discrimination oops Action - sod all to do with racially-abusive posting.

Using your logic, here's a little quote that you made earlier (in Reparations for Slavery - as it is locked, and I'm not a professional forum-stalker like yourself, please forgive the formatting). I didn't even have to search for this one

gasbanni wrote:
Unfortunately slavery is alive and well in many parts of the world today and some newspaper reports show its happening here today.
Mans inhumanity to man very much occuring still.

"Slavery is alive and well" Oh, so that makes it alright, then. icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif
We don't need to concern ourselves. icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/general-discussion/reparations-for-slavery.397464/page-2#ixzz31reYpNol

So, in summary,

You quoted Gasbanni, who stated that "Unfortunately slavery is alive and well........."you can read the rest above for yourselves.
Gasbanni clearly does not support slavery.

You then (immediately below, no less) quite deliberately remove the "Unfortunately", capitalise the S of "slavery", put it inside quotation marks, and embolden it.
You then use this "quote" of Gasbanni's to imply him to support slavery.

Using your line of "reasoning", I reason that you are a devious, dishonest, cowardly liar, to have deliberately altered a poster's quotation to completely reverse its meaning, and therefore all other posts you make are to be treated as same.

Less CoatHanger - better DropClanger.
You've resorted to ad hominem arguments as well now Bigadier.

Nah - I handed you your @ss, showing you to be a devious liar - I threw the character evaluation in for free, just to hand you a lifeline ;)

rogue, no one is 'resorting' to ad hominem attacks, they have already crushed your arguments beyond all recognition and have now started making it clear they think you are an irritating pr*ck with a LOT of time on his hands. I predict you will say irritating because you cast light on racist views blah de blah, but actually no, irritating because you misunderstand the words you are using yet are convinced you are right or even remotely intelligent.

DropClanger doesn't misunderstand - just warps (or downright changes) things to suit their own ends.

In the last three posts, I see nothing but petty insults, no positive contributions to the discussion or the subject, at all.
Would you care to bring it back on track, or will you continue with ad hominem arguments?

As far as time is concerned, (a) it doesn't take long to oppose and expose racism for what it is, prejudice built on ignorance and (b) any time invested in defeating racism, is IMO, well spent.

And to Brigadier, gasbanni's post appeared to excuse slavery, not support it.
His comments appeared to suggest that (a) because blacks were involved in capturing blacks fo slavery and (b) because slavery is still practised, then slavery could not be abolished.

The replacement of a small "s" with a capital "S" was merely a result of my grammatical training. My "Slavery" was the beginning of a sentence. It had no other effect than that, despite your preposterous claim that it had some kind of change of semantics.

Then to claim all of those insults, that you levelled at me, were based on your misunderstanding is beyond belief. Well, actually, in your case it's not beyond belief.

Sponsored Links
We shouldn't tolerate bad/abusive behaviour, we should make a stand where we can but we should also recognise when the offensive behaviour is done purely to elicit a response; sometimes it's better to ignore rather than give what the offender ultimately wants and expects.

We shouldn't tolerate bad/abusive behaviour, we should make a stand where we can but we should also recognise when the offensive behaviour is done purely to elicit a response; sometimes it's better to ignore rather than give what the offender ultimately wants and expects.
A very fair comment, gb.

But to allow abuse to be continually repeated without challenge, IMO, is to acquiesce to it.

Your observation also serves to illustrate that the majority of abusive comments are intentionally abusive.

The replacement of a small "s" with a capital "S" was merely a result of my grammatical training. My "Slavery" was the beginning of a sentence. It had no other effect than that, despite your preposterous claim that it had some kind of change of semantics.

The "Unfortunately" was already capitalised, but to include that wouldn't have helped you.

Learn to read and understand, before you criticise others.

Post something sensible, and I may respond. Carry on posting carp, and you might as well talk to yourself.

So, in summary,

You quoted Gasbanni, who stated that "Unfortunately slavery is alive and well........."you can read the rest above for yourselves.
Gasbanni clearly does not support slavery.

You then (immediately below, no less) quite deliberately remove the "Unfortunately", capitalise the S of "slavery", put it inside quotation marks, and embolden it.
You then use this "quote" of Gasbanni's to imply him to support slavery.

Using your line of "reasoning", I reason that you are a devious, dishonest, cowardly liar, to have deliberately altered a poster's quotation to completely reverse its meaning, and therefore all other posts you make are to be treated as same.

Less CoatHanger - better DropClanger.

I haven't read his blatherings, but surely now everyone knows this man(?) is a complete idiot, and an offensive one too.

Just ignore him.
So says the poster who thanks every abusive comment he sees. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But to allow abuse to be continually repeated without challenge, IMO, is to acquiesce to it.

Stop being abusive then.
I, at least, do try. Others are intentionally abusive in attempts to denigrate immigrants, ethnic minorities, etc.
That is beyond mere abuse, it's abusive bullying.
At least my abuse is aimed at those who are abusers.

The "Unfortunately" was already capitalised, but to include that wouldn't have helped you.

Learn to read and understand, before you criticise others.

Post something sensible, and I may respond. Carry on posting carp, and you might as well talk to yourself.
You're grasping at straws, petty small ones at that.
Gasbanni, IMO, was suggesting that "slavery is alive and well"
Now, obviously, it's not only unfortunate, it's downight disgusting and horrific.
IMO, to imply that it was the fault of blacks captuing blacks, or that it was practised since the start of time, is to trivialise it and intimate that it couldn't be eliminated.

Now, you can continue this discussion, but you'll do it without me because, as I said, you're grasping at very silly little straws. You're arguing about what gasbanni intented to mean. How do you know, have you asked him?

I can't even be bothered to respond directly to you Rouge, because no matter what I say I will be dammed* unless I follow you like like a Prophet! But I wish you well and hope you continue to be a Profit in your dealings. (Groan).

You are like a Jewell in a turd my friend and I don't want to dig any deeper anymore for said reason*.

Despite our spats I still want to like you and understand, but I can't. The 'juice' is just not worth the 'squeeze' anymore and I think I can see now why you have been banned in the past. (Which you will take as me being 'one of them' out to get you or support 'them').

Maybe if you can get away from 'all that is racist' or not bring everything down to racism we can cross swords or agree in the future on something else in your repertoire. (There's a nice French word for you :) )

I will leave the door open, ignore list still empty, but once again and for only the second time ever, I will have to turn my back on this thread...
action-smiley-069.gif

I can't even be bothered to respond directly to you Rouge, because no matter what I say I will be dammed* unless I follow you like like a Prophet!
I've never asked you to be a desciple. I've only asked that you behave true to your stated ideology, i.e. that you abhorr racism.
Act like you do, not in opposition to those who do.

I can't even be bothered to respond directly to you Rouge, because no matter what I say I will be dammed* unless I follow you like like a Prophet!
I've never asked you to be a desciple. I've only asked that you behave true to your stated ideology, i.e. that you abhorr racism.
Act like you do, not in opposition to those who do.

I'll be your disciple. Just call me Judas. :LOL:

What do you think of this...?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJy6KGyIAkM

And then you think this country has problems. :rolleyes:

Watch this from start to finish...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF5MTgsw1L0

Then try coming back on here moaning about a bit of name calling. ( He will)

Sponsored Links
Back