Should women be given driving licenses????

Undertaking
Depends on the circumstances squeaky. Near me there's a road with two lanes. As this road approaches a roundabout , the right hand lane is strictly for drivers intending to turn right. If I'm going straight on, I use the left hand lane and "undertake" drivers in the right hand lane. What really gets my goat however, is the drivers in the right hand lane, who think they can ignore the signs and markings on the road and use this lane to go straight on at the roundabout and cut other drivers off whilst exiting the roundabout.

Or, local to me, drivers who think they can use the left lane for the third exit.

Sponsored Links
Going into work a few years ago down the M5 past Avonmouth, the only other vehicle on the road was a Merc sitting in the third lane, I came up behind HER then just swung back in the first lane, I was on my motorbike, however as I disappeared down the road she was still sat there.

The equivalent of middle lane hoggers in town -

No matter how wide the road no one keeps left; everyone drives out by the white line so, for example, when a bus stops no one can get past it.

I say no one keeps left but of course they do when turning right.

Er...Well, Yes

But I also believe there should be 2 sets of roads, 1 for men and 1 for woman...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Undertaking
Depends on the circumstances squeaky...

...the right hand lane is strictly for drivers intending to turn right.

Exactly. Passing on the left hand side is permitted in arrowed lanes, be it the approach to a roundabout or on a motorway where there is even an overhead sign. I think people don't realise this and so when changing lanes from one arrowed land to anther it is perfectly permissible. Don't use you left wing mirror or bother looking in your left blind spot??? DO SO!

Nozzle

Brother was overtaken on the left at a roundabout and the guy got forced to the hard shoulder because of the trailer.
He then braked and accelerated a few times for badness so the brother rammed him with the bull bar on his jeep.
That taught him a lesson. :LOL:

50 shades of grey...

He was in blissful ecstasy, with a huge smile on his face as he enjoyed
the moment. His wife moved forwards, then backwards, forwards, then
backwards again... and again, and again, back and forth, back and forth,
in and out, in and out, in and out, in and out, ever so slowly, and gently
trying to draw in and use every inch.
Her heart was pounding, pounding that she felt it would burst from her
chest, her face was flushed, she was dripping with perspiration, then she
moaned, oh so softly at first, then she began to groan louder and louder
and louder. Till finally and totally exhausted, she let out an almighty
scream, a scream that shook him to the very core and she shuddered to a
sudden halt. Her whole body was taut and stretched, her face like crimson,
finally gasping for every breath she said,
"OK! OK! So I CAN'T parallel park the f*ckin car!"

My wife's risk awareness is significantly different to mine - she thinks that, although she's almost clipping wing mirrors on either side of a residential street , she's "safe" because she's only doing 30. God forbid a kid steps out....

Whereas my 80 on a clear motorway is suicidal recklessness.......

women are very bad for close passes, a few times when unloading the van I've nearly been clipped because a woman driver is so far to the left even when nothing coming the other way.

and they also open doors fully no matter what is coming

Where I live, in a quiet cul-de-sac, the road is slightly wider than the width of two cars. Directly opposite our drive is an electricity sub-station behind big wooden gates with a notice to keep clear as 24 hr access may be required. Every Thursday afternoon when I come home from work there is a car parked across these gates. (The driver is not in the station because we can see over the fence from the bedroom window). Not only is the driver blocking the entrance in case of an emergency they are also blocking my partners car in the drive and preventing me from getting into the drive when I come home.
We have not been able to find out who it is as they seem to leave at different times each week. This week I put a polite notice on the windscreen pointing out what they were doing by parking in this manner. A short while later I looked out to find the car was gone and the note was tucked into the edge of the 'Keep Clear' sign on the sub-station gate.
Some people are just beyond belief.

As I said, selfish.

I sometimes wish some of the American practices were adopted in this country. As I understand it, if cars are blocking hydrants, firemen are at liberty to shunt them out of the way. After that, no thoughts of making a claim for damages; rather they are prosecuted for causing an obstruction.

I'd love to have seen something similar happen to the idiot blocking the sub station should there have been an emergency.

Back in Liverpool, (I now live in Suffolk), I used to live between Anfield and Goodison football grounds so every week of the season we were surrounded by badly parked vehicles. They would even double park right on the corners of roads causing pedestrians to walk into the road to cross the side street.

One day a fire engine had to get down one of these roads for some reason so a few firefighters jumped out and began pushing wing mirrors in. Suddenly there was a blast on the air horns and they all jumped back on the tender. The tender then proceeded to just push its way through the cars regardless of any damage. It turned out there was a house fire on the estate and persons were reported to be in the building. When people complained to the police about the damage they were apparently advised to pay for it themselves or face prosecution for endangering lives by parking illegally.

@ SS....if you don't drive any more.....where do you keep this horn that you like to blast ? :?: :?:

In his trousers of course! :LOL:

Back to subject.

Where I live, in a quiet cul-de-sac, the road is slightly wider than the width of two cars. Directly opposite our drive is an electricity sub-station behind big wooden gates with a notice to keep clear as 24 hr access may be required. Every Thursday afternoon when I come home from work there is a car parked across these gates. (The driver is not in the station because we can see over the fence from the bedroom window). Not only is the driver blocking the entrance in case of an emergency they are also blocking my partners car in the drive and preventing me from getting into the drive when I come home.
We have not been able to find out who it is as they seem to leave at different times each week. This week I put a polite notice on the windscreen pointing out what they were doing by parking in this manner. A short while later I looked out to find the car was gone and the note was tucked into the edge of the 'Keep Clear' sign on the sub-station gate.
Some people are just beyond belief.

if vehicle access is ever required to this substation, the police would tow the car straight away.

in a lot of by exchanges I work in, people seem to think they can use the exchange yard for free parking for a few hours shopping and let the Bt vans get tickets on single yellows cos there's no spaces left. the engineers tried locking the gates to prevent access, but the head of security just told them it was just as effective to lock cars in for a random hour throughout the day. quite funny to see 2 or 3 sheepish women with shopping bags waiting around for someone to open the gates. stopped for the most part after a few weeks of that.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Back