Shower door install advice

OP,
as above, there's a few things obviously wrong with your compartment framing -
and with the room plasterboarding and screw fixings -
and maybe with how the shower will work and drain (is the floor solid).
have the dimensions and type of shower enclosure door yet been considered?

not knowing the shower panel details its hard to comment on how they will fit in?
what's the Cu pipe stub for - a WC or a rad?
there doesn't seem to be a shower head - is a hose and spray to be used?
the shower valve seems to be proud?
has all the wet system been tested under pressure?
the top left framing and boxing-in has not worked out.

was the fixture and drainage layout of the bathroom considered before starting work?

OP, i know your a DIY'er and its great that you've had a go but its maybe time for a hard look at what to do next - tinkering with this and that wont fly, it will could come back and bite you.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. The shower head is the existing one - I've just removed the fittings. The Cu pipe stub is also for the shower. Again this was already there, I just replaced it because I squashed the original one when I took it apart. So the actual shower is one of things I've got some confidence in and everything behind the wall has been pressure tested.

I originally wanted to just to replace the shower tray because it had cracked and was leaking, but things unravelled because I had to pull the door off to get the tray out, then the tiles came off the wall, then I noticed the plasterboard and wooden frame for the tray was rotten, so I ended up ripping it all out. I'm basically replacing an old shower installation with something very similar. 1200mm raised tray out, 1200mm raised tray in. Shower head and water supply is not changing, drainage is not changing . The main difference is I've gone for wall panels instead of tiles and I've got the issue with the wall not being true. It can't have been true for the previous installation, but they managed to install it ok - I never noticed anything untoward.

Hence my original post about making it plumb before I put the shower door on.

Sponsored Links
OP, i dont think you understand some of what i posted?

no shower head or shower arm or stub out is visible.
the Cu stub i referred to is low down on the RH side just outside the enclosure - what is it for? a WC or a rad wouldn't have been inside a shower.
what looks like a masked waste hole in the floor and the visible waste on the tray dont match up. the size of the tray seems to be different to the dimensions of the opening?
enclosure door frames will leak if fitted to out of plumb walls.
"they managed to install it ok" - install what OK? the previous shower rotted out.
you obviously would have problems trying to fix the panels to out of plumb walls - or plasterboard that is not correctly screwed on.
"proud" means the valve seems to be sticking out too far - but i dont know what valve that is?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back