Silverline Tools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In case anyone is considering buying or using Silverline tools my advice is to stay well clear of them. Not only are their tools very poorly made, they are also more expensive than other manufacturers and although they offer a "supposed" lifetime warranty they do not want to help anyone if you have a problem with their tools. Avoid at all cost!

Sponsored Links
You'll find that silverlines questionable quality is well known and documented on this forum.

I know but a topic hasn't been posted for a while and I have just experienced awful trouble with them and they simply don't want to know and fail to respond to any criticism. I wouldn't even use them as a last resort. One of the worst companies, sorry, the worst company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with! People need to be made aware that Silverline tools are extremely unreliable and should not be purchased under any circumstances.

Cheap and cheerful. You get what you pay for. Pay double if you want to. I've had no bad experiences with them.

Sponsored Links
You're in a tiny majority then, 3 conduit pipe cutters broken in less than a week! :confused:

Buy something else then. Most of their stuff is fine for the money.

Had one of their circular saws for about ten years now. Original blade still cuts but I bought a finer set one a few years ago. Cuts accurately and cleanly so no complaints from me. It gets used about 5-6 times a year and about 5 years ago it got hammered when I was laying engineered flooring throughout the ground floor of my house, (conservatory, lounge, hall and front lounge).
Also have a chalk line from them but not much can really go wrong with them, lol.

I have a plumb line that I made myself from a nut and a piece of string. That works perfectly, and it was free!

No. Not heavy enough and when tying string round them they tend to drop out.

I have a plumb line that I made myself from a nut and a piece of string. That works perfectly, and it was free!
Sorry JBR but unless you have had the PL3 training and the consequent health & safety certificate, you are not qualified to use it. I think I might have to report you to Brussels. :D

Sponsored Links
Back