SIMPLE QUESTION REGARDING A FCU AND A CCU

thanks for the post,

I do appreciate what your saying. I didn't really look at it like that.
I guess a bunch of people would come on to the website to get information for jobs they really shouldn't be doing...

but seeing as your all "Sparks", you're all aware of "scared sh*tless of electricity" syndrome amongst customers ?

I suffer the same condition :eek:

when I disconnected my old cooker the other day, I didn't just turn off the Cooker MCB, I turned off all power in
the house fullstop, lights, circuits, the lot. I would have turned off the street power if I could...

so no, absolutely not, I have no intention of doing this big job myself.

For starters, the Cooker and Hood costs 550 quid, im not gonna risk blowing that up to save paying an Electrician
to do a solid and legal job...

but more importantly, erm, I don't wanna be blown up :D especially after I paint and tile the place...

in all seriousness, the only reason I ask so many questions is because I find it interesting. Say I hadn't asked any
questions on this site, I'd have no idea about ciruits/radials. For example, I wouldn't know the Cookers on a radial.

so.... when the Spark gets here (after the cooker and hood get here, 4-5 working days :rolleyes: ) I can ask him more
complex questions and watch him at work, because I have a baaaaaaasic understanding.

otherwise, he would have been explaining the basics of circuits and radials, rather than wire sizes and ratings
& other complex things I have no idea about. Its expedient for me to research what I want to learn about.

plus, its probably a good idea every home owner has a basic knowledge of how the electricity in their house works.

but I now understand alot of peolpe must come on just to glean "instructions" - im not that confident.

this should conclude my questions on this topic...

I might even post up some photos once its done:cool:

but I haven't taken offense at anything ANYBODY has said - its no problem, I now understand the cynicism.

At least this way my screen name has been introduced ;)

All I ask is anybody with any doubts asks me. My main concern is SAFETY not saving a few QUID.

I have a healthy respect for water pipes, electricity and structural integrity, among other things. trust me.

thanks again.

Sponsored Links
1fastlearner, why do you only type on half the page? The post editor wraps text automatically, you know?

Sponsored Links
Black switches and sockets really hold greasy finger marks, graphite or gun metal are both (slighty) less noticable with 'paw' marks.

Care should be taken with plugs and black metal. The old method of shutting your eyes and moving the plug around the faceplate until the plug matches the socket isn't a good idea.

They will scratch, so some minor attention (as in lining them up 1st time) is better than the 'feel' method.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back