Size of SWA cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm down "ban-all-sheds".
I never claimed (if you take the care necessary to read and digest the post), to be competent to sign off the work.
The simple answer to your question is that the person who will sign the certificate of compliance is a registered electrician who will inspect my work, complete the connection and rest in the knowledge that a good and safe job has been achieved.
Time for you to take something to calm you down my friend.

Sponsored Links
Calm down "ban-all-sheds".
I am calm.

I never claimed (if you take the care necessary to read and digest the post), to be competent to sign off the work.
I did take the care to do what you suggested. And you are quite right - you are not competent to sign off the work.

But nor are you competent to do the design and the construction, for if you were you would not have to ask on a DIY forum about those things. Yet you are going to do them for a paying customer.

The simple answer to your question is that the person who will sign the certificate of compliance is a registered electrician who will inspect my work, complete the connection and rest in the knowledge that a good and safe job has been achieved.
And is he going to lie on certificates to say that he designed and constructed it?

Ban-all-sheds, you are talking garbage in a vain attempt to protect any work in any way related to electricity to be done solely by registered electricians.
The fact that a competent person will inspect the work is good enough for me, my client and the relevant authorities and any other reasonable person-electricians included- would no doubt agree.

Ban-all-sheds, you are talking garbage
Please feel free to put forward a logical and intelligent analysis of what I wrote which shows that it is garbage.

a vain attempt to protect any work in any way related to electricity to be done solely by registered electricians.
Not at all. Why on earth would I want to do that? I just think if you are going to take money for performing a service you ought to know how to do it.

The fact that a competent person will inspect the work is good enough for me
I'm sure it is.

my client
Did you tell him that you didn't know how to do it, and would ask random anonymous people on the internet to tell you what to do?

and the relevant authorities and any other reasonable person-electricians included- would no doubt agree.
I doubt that.

Sponsored Links
the person who will sign the certificate of compliance is a registered electrician who will inspect my work, complete the connection and rest in the knowledge that a good and safe job has been achieved.
There are situations where it would be desirable for a trench to be dug, ducting installed or even a cable attached to a wall by a non-electrician, primarily to reduce the cost of doing so.
The electrician would specify the cable size, type and installation details.

However as you do not know this information, there are only three possibilities:
1. The electrician supplied this information but you decided to ignore it.
2. The electrician did not supply this, and therefore is negligent / doesn't care / will put their name to anything / etc.
3. There is no electrician.

Or, the electrican is looking for entertainment tonight,as the tellies crap,and decided to get his amusement here :LOL:

DS

At the end of the day, Ban All Sheds, the rules say that it is acceptable for the work to be signed off by a competent person, they don't say all the work has to be done by that person.
The wording is "I being the person responsible for the design (construction) of the electrical installation". The fact that you are responsible for the design (construction) doesn't mean you have to do it yourself, it does mean that it you have to verify it as acceptable.
If you don't like the rules don't bellyache on here, address your complaints to the relevant authorities.
Luckily there are sufficient helpful people on this highly recommended forum to offset the disadvantages of the less helpful and even obstructive ones.
Leave it with you, that's the last post I intend to address to you.
Over and out.

Hi, it's very straightforward,click ignore. BAS is the only member i have decided to ignore, if enough people follow suit he'll be talking to himself(y)

DS

Thanks DS, something else I've learned on here.
Hope telly's better for you tomorrow;)

It's not up to you, BAS, to say who is welcome and who's not. It's not your forum .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back