Sky news may be closed down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Murdoch is or has done a deal with Disney.

Disney has no interest in news programmes, so Sky news which is loss making could well be closed.

I cant say Ive ever watched it, but I imagine the LWR on here that hate the Murdoch corporation will be pleased to see its demise.

Sponsored Links
Good it's worse than the Sun. but then you being a "tradesman" will read that by choice I suppose.

Good it's worse than the Sun. but then you being a "tradesman" will read that by choice I suppose.

I get very little chance to work 'on the tools' so cant really call myself a tradesman although given the choice I would rather do that than being stuck in the office.

No I dont read the Sun :)

I get very little chance to work 'on the tools' so cant really call myself a tradesman although given the choice I would rather do that than being stuck in the office.

No I dont read the Sun :)

Daily Mail it is or perhaps the Telegraph if you want a broadsheet.

Sponsored Links
I do not read the Sun either , or the daily wail , some times buy the independent :)

Most of the remoaners in here seem to read the daily wail , as they spend a lot of there time posting up articles from the daily wail ;) that tbh no one has any interest in ???

dunno if they know (probably not) but rumour has it that the bloke who owns the daily wail pays no in-come tax in the U.K ;)

(some one needs to tell Noseall)

Disney has no interest in news programmes, so Sky news which is loss making could well be closed.

I cant say Ive ever watched it, but I imagine the LWR on here that hate the Murdoch corporation will be pleased to see its demise.

I don't have sky so no loss to me.

Well done jdumb.
Make spurious claims and allegations and then block me with...
"You have insufficient privileges to reply here"
The actions of a coward.

Not strictly true, Murdoch was an avid supporter of New Labour, and the Blair regime, there's interviews of him clearly stating this, and he's a globalist, another reason why he liked Blair. Sky News is basically corporate media, whether it's left or right I guess is down to interpretation.

Taking the bigger picture, he's likely realised his industry is going into a downward spiral, as less and less people trust mainstream media, and I don't see the trend changing. Likely he went with his gut instinct and decided to get out before he loses it all. Keep in mind tv subscriptions are falling year on year, sky are doing very badly on this front as well. Not a future proof business, and very risky. He just cannot achieve the monopoly he once had, and that goes for all the media corps, BBC included.

block me with...
"You have insufficient privileges to reply here"
It happens to me often. It has even happened after I have posted a comment in that thread, but later blocked from replying.
It has happened to others, possibly BAS, I think.
It is either a system problem, or some mods do exploit their authority.
Read the whole thread:
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/advert-promises.487789/

No errors, the topic is not locked, I am not blocked from replying, but when I click the Post Reply button it is greyed out for a few seconds, then comes back, and my reply has not been posted.
For instance, the thread "Another politician bites the dust"
I have replied in that thread:
upload_2017-12-16_13-41-5.png

But now I cannot even though it is not locked:
upload_2017-12-16_13-41-56.png

Last edited:
t happens to me often. It has even happened after I have posted a comment in that thread, but later blocked from replying

You need to stop trying to type it on your PCB........I keep telling it isnt a computer. No wonder you are having problems........

You need to stop trying to type it on your PCB........I keep telling it isnt a computer. No wonder you are having problems........
I keep telling you, you cannot type on a PCB It needs an input and an output device (and various other bits on the PCB) to make it a computer.

But you will do what you do best and continue to misrepresent what someone has said, misrepresent your sources' comments, or completely miss the point (again) entirely.
Carry on making things up. It shows you up for what you are. All I have to do is point out the numerous times you misrepresent the comment, the situation, etc.

I keep telling you, you cannot type on a PCB It needs an input and an output device (and various other bits on the PCB) to make it a computer.

But you will do what you do best and continue to misrepresent what someone has said, misrepresent your sources' comments, or completely miss the point (again) entirely.
Carry on making things up. It shows you up for what you are. All I have to do is point out the numerous times you misrepresent the comment, the situation, etc.

All the above applies to you. As you can see by your original posts, which I have quoted verbatum, to help your memory:
See post No 58 Oct 7th: a computer is basically a PCB.
See post No 49 Oct 6th Computers are PCBs

No doubt you will have this post deleted as well to 'save yourself from embarrassment' :):):)

........less people trust mainstream media[/QUOTE said:
An interesting observation. Where do people go for their 'trusted news'? Youngsters tend not to read newspapers or watch TV news as their noses are continually buried in the depths of social media.

Sponsored Links
Back