Smart phones... again!!

Sponsored Links
I've recently got a Samsung Note 2 and it's okay but it does throw wobblers.

What kind of wobblies? I need a large screen for poor eyesight too.

£450+ is a lot of money for a phone that throws wobblies...

Oooh, ya put me on the spot now Securespark..

When writing a reply on a forum, for instance, and you want to insert the cursor in the body of the text it can freeze and/or jump around.

The cut and paste is crap too, compared to using a desktop. I'm currently trying to reply to aspurging Joe on a different topic and instead have had to jump onto my very user friendly desktop otherwise it would take me forever and still get it wrong.

It's hard to say anything is really bad, just a few niggles, but with my OCD everything has to be perfect and work faultlessly, even if I have to use DOS. :LOL:

I can't and won't say I wouldn't recommend the Note 2, (and the camera and video makes having a normal dedicated camera redundant IMHO), but it isn't seemless and easy like a normal desktop.

I guess I'm being too critical beause, after all, it's not a PC but a mobile phone. Fair enough, I hear people say. But, that being the case, don't sell it to me like it is every bit as good as one then!!! :evil:

Gotta go to bed soon now... :)

True, Mrs S has a Galaxy Ace 2 & the cut & paste and cursor insertion is a bit random, as my 13 yo would say.

Just put that down to my sausage fingers....

Is it no more accurate with the S pen?

Sponsored Links
Ok, S-Pen works great when trying to insert cursor somewhere.

No good being daft if you don't prove it occasionally, I always say...

I've got the note 2 and have to say it's a great phone. Call quality is good, texts, emails etc all easy. Multi screen is good for messaging/emailing while searching on the web for info at the same time. Wife used to have a BlackBerry, not an overly reliable phone, loved to crash and the call quality was poor. I never got the fascination for blackberry.

My wife swears by her iPhone 4.

I, however, find my 'big button mobile phone for old people' perfectly adequate. It makes and receives telephone calls and, believe it or not, texts.

Oh, and it also has a little torch built in.:cool:

Right that's it. it is officially from my POV a pile of do do, back to a blackberry! I tried, I failed, what a piece of junk the S4 is, as is the iPhone. It so so very very close to getting twisted and binned today.

Can you put it in an envelope with my address on it, then I'll bin it for you?

;)

Seriously, did you try another SIM in it? You may find it will cure at least some of its ills....

Can you put it in an envelope with my address on it, then I'll bin it for you?

;)

Seriously, did you try another SIM in it? You may find it will cure at least some of its ills....

Yeah didn't help, was told by vodaphone to switch it to 2G only which is kind defeating the object of a smartphone I feel.

Just interested: Which one did you try?

Is your phone SIM-free?

A 3 SIM is worth a punt, to see how it performs.

I may well still buy an S4, but if you're well-cheesed off with it, I may give it a miss.

Sponsored Links
Back