smoking ban

trazor said:
Idiot or not its his mates choice, what is happening to freedom of choice in this country.
What about markie mate choice? I don't mind people smoking providing I don't inhale it.
The hypocrisy shown by this government, when raking in billions of pounds from smoking,
Doesn't make any difference, the smokers who give up smoking will have more money to spend which end up paying vat/tax one way or other.
And to suggest 2nd hand smoke is MORE dangerous than smoking is nonsense.
Can you prove it?

So why did non smoker Roy Castle died from lung cancer from which was 2nd hand smoke? It was because he was playing trumpet inhaling the 2nd hand smoke in the smokey pub.

Sponsored Links
ninebob said:
I don't see how on earth they can ever enforce that, unless someone who is present with you in the van complains.

a BG engineer in scotland was formally warned by the local council smoking enforcer (cant think of a better job description) for smoking in his BG van whilst alone.....the enforcement bloke spotted him driving along puffing away.

all work vehicles should have a no smoking notice in them similar to the ones you will see in all public places soon.

i think it would be fairer for smokers to wear a device or helmet that kept the smoke contained around their own heads. simply drop the visor and puff away.
_177185_smoking_crash_helmet_300.jpg

Sponsored Links
Oh for a magic wand. I'd use it to make every single smoker in the country drop their habit instantly. We've been subsidising the running of this country for years. It's only fair that the cost should be shared out.

If you're going to ban mobiles and smoking in vehicles on safety grounds why stop there. How about maps and A to Z's. Work related paperwork and documents. Newspapers. All seen being read by vehicle drivers. Make-up and razors. Drinks. Children, passengers and pets. All equally distracting and potentially dangerous. Where is it all going to end? I despair of this loopy government, I really do.

Tim 77 said:
Ban everything whilst driving.

Except maybe driving and breathing. :D
Except driving when needed.
Daily school run in our street: load all kids in the car at your home - two streets away from the School, drive 250 meters, block driveway of residence in School street, talk for ages with other mums, drive back home (250 meters)!

WoodYouLike said:
Tim 77 said:
Ban everything whilst driving.

Except maybe driving and breathing. :D
Except driving when needed.
Daily school run in our street: load all kids in the car at your home - two streets away from the School, drive 250 meters, block driveway of residence in School street, talk for ages with other mums, drive back home (250 meters)!

You bust be a neigbour of mine, we have the same problem here, lots of Mums in 4 x 4 (ban them too ;) ) blocking to roads.

i too despair of a meddling government solo, allow us to make up our own minds as to what is safe for ourselves.

but for once i welcome a smoking ban in public places, it's one of the few common sense things the government has done. i welcome the day that my family or myself can go out to a pub and not come back with the stench of fags on our clothes.

if my children choose to smoke when they are older, so be it. i don't want it forced on them by some inconsiderate to$$er with a fag.

trazor said:
Idiot or not its his mates choice, what is happening to freedom of choice in this country.
masona said:
What about markie mate choice?
:confused: :confused:
trazor said:
masona said:
Can you prove it?
Nice of you to ask me that, whilst removing, from my post, my reasoning behind it..... :rolleyes:

masona said:
So why did non smoker Roy Castle died from lung cancer from which was 2nd hand smoke? It was because he was playing trumpet inhaling the 2nd hand smoke in the smokey pub.

As you said to me, prove it.

To assume the death of Roy castle was caused by 2nd hand smoke is conjecture only. Is every other performer, who appeared at such clubs, now dead through lung cancer.??
The anti smoking lobby turned him into a "cause celebre", to promote their views.

After saying all that, I totally agree with banning smoking in all areas where other people could not avoid the smoke.

BTW...I do not smoke or drink, but get infuriated at this governments desire to control us, by measures which garner huge amounts of money for the public purse.
Speed control..........Fine them. Smoking.................Fine them. Drinking..................Fine them. Putting the wrong type of rubbish out...............Fine them.............. :rolleyes:

Come on, let's ban people. You know what they are like - you probably went to school with them... they quite likely pay your wages.. Another good reason to get rid of them ! ;)

:D

trazor said:
trazor said:
masona said:
Can you prove it?
Nice of you to ask me that, whilst removing, from my post, my reasoning behind it..... :rolleyes:
Apologies if I've read this wrong but a little confused when you said this
trazor said:
Then said this
Not only do smokers smoke, they also inhale 2nd hand smoke, making it twice as dangerous probably more so...

You maybe be right about Roy Castle death as none of us can prove it but I'm sure the smokey environment didn't help.
After saying all that, I totally agree with banning smoking in all areas where other people could not avoid the smoke.

BTW...I do not smoke or drink, but get infuriated at this governments desire to control us, by measures which garner huge amounts of money for the public purse.
Speed control..........Fine them. Smoking.................Fine them. Drinking..................Fine them. Putting the wrong type of rubbish out...............Fine them.............. :rolleyes:
I have to agree with you but wouldn't it be fair to say that if you took all the fines away, wouldn't more people be speeding? More drinking problems although I blamed the government on 24 hrs drinking time, putting the wrong type of rubbish, depending on what type of rubbish but I would've thought it would be cleaner for recycling etc

All this is happening because of Labour tax & spend polices and they will grab any money to suit them in any way they can. Labour in my views has sold England down the river and don't get me wrong I can't stand them either.

Why are people blaming fags as a bad health risk, especially those driving cars etc, which give off far more health risk fumes.

Maybe those do-goodies that don't like inhaling toxic fumes/smoke should give up driving and stop poisoning the pedestrians on the pathways.

cazmick said:
Why are people blaming fags as a bad health risk, especially those driving cars etc, which give off far more health risk fumes.

Maybe those do-goodies that don't like inhaling toxic fumes/smoke should give up driving and stop poisoning the pedestrians on the pathways.

the catalytic converter on the new BMW is so good that the exhaust gasses are cleaner than the air it sucked in.

allegedly.

masona said:
I have to agree with you but wouldn't it be fair to say that if you took all the fines away, wouldn't more people be speeding? More drinking problems although I blamed the government on 24 hrs drinking time, putting the wrong type of rubbish, depending on what type of rubbish but I would've thought it would be cleaner for recycling etc

All this is happening because of Labour tax & spend polices and they will grab any money to suit them in any way they can. Labour in my views has sold England down the river and don't get me wrong I can't stand them either.

The problem with fines is, the money generated by them is used in other areas, not to deal with the problem the fine was generated for.

Take speed cameras for instance, they generate huge amounts of cash.
But in Warwickshire there is not ONE traffic patrol car on duty, the only police car you see will be a response car.
Once you learn the camera positions, you can drive as you like...

This government will spend any amount of money on creating public service jobs, whilst reducing the services they supply.
For example fortnightly rubbish collections.....
Or an even worse example.......Being told you have cancer, but you can,t have the drugs to prolong your life.............Outrageous

Sponsored Links
Back