Smoking

• Thread starter david and julie
  • Start date
D

david and julie

Why is it that when sat with a group of friends who smoke(I don't) the smoke always comes my way even if I change seats?

Sponsored Links
david and julie said:
Why is it that when sat with a group of friends who smoke(I don't) the smoke always comes my way even if I change seats?

'cos it's trying to pollute someone else! Everyone else already stinks to high heaven! :evil:

Diffusion.

The smoke particles will diffuse through the air into an area of low smoke concentration. Hence, the smoke will always come your way unless you can sit with a fan pointed at them.

Perhaps you should try eating a baked bean, boiled egg and cabbage curry before you go out, and sit there farting at them. If anyone complains say you will stop just as soon as they all put their fags out. If they refuse, make sure the next time they breathe smoke at you (I hate it when smokers do that, even when they are friends and didn't do it deliberately I take great offence and feel like pimp-slapping them) you press your a**e against their face and let rip :LOL:

david and julie said:
Maybe its sods law!! :D Or maybe because they smoke they have insufficient lung capacity so when you all breathe you're the only one with breath so suck the smoke towards you!! Im thinking of carrying a battery operated fan round with me!

Sponsored Links
Presumably, the same law that dictates bonfire smoke will allways travel towards the open window of a grumpy neighbour, or clean washing hanging out to dry, or in your eyes whereever you stand!!!

BTW, I smoke :oops: , but am very conscious of non-smokers breathing my smoke - ***** s*ds! buy your own!!! :D

Once they stop coughing, I was ask them for a couple of bob, why should they get it free?

If instead of cigarettes you smoked tobacco through one of those electric hotplate bongs you would get twice as much out of a bag of baccy.

Plus it would really be a conversation piece when the police arrest you under suspicion of smoking a controlled substance in the street! :LOL:

Or perhaps you could use it as tea-leaves instead and drink for your nicotine?

I am veggie. Say no more!!

My ploy is to sidle up to smokers (esp those who are smoking in a N/S area) and fart a lot as loudly as I can. They soon get the message.

BTW I am an ex-smoker (quit 1994) that always recognised and respected n/s areas. Sometimes on a train, I used to sit in n/s to get away from smoke even though I smoked! Sounds daft, but there you are.

securespark said:
Sometimes on a train, I used to sit in n/s to get away from smoke even though I smoked! Sounds daft, but there you are.

Nope, not daft. Every smoker I have ever known asks for non-smoking tables in restaurants, because they can't stand the smell of smoke when they are eating.

mildmanneredjanitor said:
BTW, I smoke
Give Up!!! With the money you save you will no longer have to do DIY you would beable to pay someone to do it for you!! Maybe you could save up to go to the Bahamas!!:cool:

If we all gave up, income tax would have to be 60% base to keep Mr. Brown in the style he has become accustomed to and all the non-smokers would have to cancel their (subsidised by me **) Bahamas trips :!: :!: :LOL: :LOL:
** That's a lie, I only smoke the foreign stuff, I don't mind paying the tobacco taxes, just the rates Gordon charges.

I smoke rollies (spelling???) so cost is negligable, obviously smoking has no 'benefits' and lots of downsides so can't possibly defend it... But I still do it! and enjoy it :D

It chuckles me when I see patients at the hospital with an IV drip trolley in one hand and a ciggie in the other loitering outside the reception!

Mr Beasley! haven't seen you around in a while! been to the caribean??!??

Ah, but remember that only unemployed people on council estates smoke, don't you listen to a thing the government has said these past few weeks? ;)

So, if we ban smoking, then these people will magically get jobs and thus will contribute to the economy instead of detracting from it. So, that will more than make up for the lack of tobacco tax.

The other thing people often forget is that whilst smokers may contribute all that Baccy Tax, they don't fail to get their money back when it comes to cancer treatment. If smoking was banned, then (eventually) lung cancer, emphasema, strokes, infertility, impotence, halitosis, many other cancers, asthma, miscarriages, premature babies and all these other conditions would decrease so much that the NHS spending would halve and we could all have a decent NHS for no extra expenditure.

Not to mention indirect savings: our insurance costs would go down because there would be no accidents caused by people trying to light a cigarette. I would say that 80% of the times people have cut me up because they haven't seen me, or because they weren't indicating, they have had a cigarette on the go. Obviously this is only times I have been able to see their hands afterwards! I can't see through metal or something.

In the armed forces if you are caught smoking whilst driving you are reprimanded. There are calls to make smoking whilst driving an offence for the general public too.

Anyone care to comment on the £12 billion ( latest estimate) booze costs this country every year?

mildmanneredjanitor said:
Mr Beasley! haven't seen you around in a while! been to the caribean??!??

I think he's back from the AA rehab centre :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back