So many 'Dont's'!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the farm today, they were loading a motorised platform onto a low loader. I couldn't believe the number of 'donts' on the H&S sign. Look at the last one, bottom right. :ROFLMAO:

994048C6-C0F8-4E3C-BC34-CEE0DD8C03C9.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Genuine sign, commercial recycling center somewhere in Notts.

Safety Sign.jpg

At the farm today, they were loading a motorised platform onto a low loader. I couldn't believe the number of 'donts' on the H&S sign. Look at the last one, bottom right. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 291518
Believe it or not, some people are extremely thick and need to be told even the most basic things in life.

Sponsored Links

Attachments

• B6FD259E-18E8-4B3B-A876-DB9F20BA9CDF.jpeg
    B6FD259E-18E8-4B3B-A876-DB9F20BA9CDF.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 39
The blind acceptance of health and safety rules gradually turned us into the sheeple that obeyed...

Wear a mask, work from home, collect furlough money, keep 2 metres apart etc.
health and safety rules are not there (mostly) for actual health and safety, though thankfully it does make workplaces safer as the figures prove.

The rules are there mostly to stop workers putting in claims for injuries. If the workplace has a sign on every piece of equipment and entrance and exit it cannot be argued that any person injured was not aware of the rules. The fact that they often can't do the job because of the rules is a side issue, often leading to people breaking the rules to get the job done. It only then becomes a big issue if any serious injury or death occurs.

but if you want to put it down as sheeple, being easily led, feel free to do so.

The blind acceptance of health and safety rules gradually turned us into the sheeple that obeyed...

Wear a mask, work from home, collect furlough money, keep 2 metres apart etc.
Yeah lets bring asbestos back

health and safety rules are not there (mostly) for actual health and safety, though thankfully it does make workplaces safer as the figures prove.

The rules are there mostly to stop workers putting in claims for injuries. If the workplace has a sign on every piece of equipment and entrance and exit it cannot be argued that any person injured was not aware of the rules. The fact that they often can't do the job because of the rules is a side issue, often leading to people breaking the rules to get the job done. It only then becomes a big issue if any serious injury or death occurs.

but if you want to put it down as sheeple, being easily led, feel free to do so.
I agree with you (for once) in that companies apply H&S to stop workers putting in claims, but it is also true that we have become sheeple in blindly accepting this situation. The workplace has become safer but at what cost? I saw a breathtaking figure of how much of their GDP Americans spend on "compliance", it is something like a quarter- not just on H&S but all manner of silly government regulations. Most of it is unnecessary and lines the pockets of lawyers. We have copied that model, thanks to Tony Blair.

Sponsored Links
Back