So, will Boris ask the EU for an extension if he has to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...but what if Northumberland threatens to resume violence if that happens?

We can place a wall around them.

I want more hard borders and walls. We can then have checkpoints where you will need your passport, Family Tree and a deposit of £1000.

Sponsored Links
so then we start a war with the UN?
Article 1 of the UN Charter clearly states that if NI wishes to be British, they must be.
Unless a referendum decides that the population would like to join the Republic - which would have to agree to accept them.

No backstop no border problems. We can set sail across the Atlantic.

NI is no more. Its just the republic which remains in the EU.

Only people peeved will be Unionists in NI.
You obviously don't know much about history, N.Ireland is a separate country from the Irish Republic.
It would require a referendum with a majority in favour of annexation of N.Ireland to the Republic.
Your remainer mentality doesn't just extend to contempt for the democratic wishes of the 17.4million who voted to leave the EU , you also seem to believe that other people's countries can just be handed over to a 3rd party without the need to seek consent.

You obviously don't know much about history, N.Ireland is a separate country from the Irish Republic.
It would require a referendum with a majority in favour of annexation of N.Ireland to the Republic.
Your remainer mentality doesn't just extend to contempt for the democratic wishes of the 17.4million who voted to leave the EU , you also seem to believe that other people's countries can just be handed over to a 3rd party without the need to seek consent.

Historically, NI was, in fact, just another bit of.. well 'I' in general! How far back we going? It was still totally 'I' until the start of the last C. Blow Job will, without a backward glance, sell out NI, and claim fake news against naysayers. Thus the hand-back will begin. EU alignment in an annexed portion of UK.

Sponsored Links
Your remainer mentality doesn't just extend to contempt for the democratic wishes of the 17.4million who voted to leave the EU

You show contempt by wanting Brexit because it is undeliverable in the form it was sold as.

Johnson wanted to put a border down the Irish sea -he doesnt give a monkeys about Ireland in the same way he doesnt give a monkeys about Brexit.

Did Ireland vote for Brexit = NO

By wanting Brexit in Ireland is Vinty showing contempt for democracy =YES

I notice you set no pre-conditions but when you say a 'majority', would you accept a straight 52/48 majority? Or maybe they say nothing and if it goes the way they dont want it, they then start screaming about it being unfair/no one said exactly what they were voting for/theres lots of 16 year olds that are now 18 and they could swing it for us if they were allowed to vote now etc etc?

The only course then is to revoke Article 50, isn't it?
He’s not required to do that. Besides they have already indicated they will approve an extension. They don’t want to be responsible for chucking the UK out of the EU, they’d very much like us to call the whole thing off.

on ditching NI..

abandoning NI to join ROI is as daft as saying invade ROI and make them part of UK. I can’t imagine too many people will want to cash their savings in to euros at 1.12 to the pound.

I don't know how much the margin should be, but a bit more than 50/50 - maybe at least 60/40?

Ditching NI is a nice neat solution. We get Brexit and hard borders.

Thats what Brexiteers want, out, so if thats daft then finally you understand the stupidity of Brexit.

We need a daft solution for a daft referendum.

He’s not required to do that. Besides they have already indicated they will approve an extension. They don’t want to be responsible for chucking the UK out of the EU, they’d very much like us to call the whole thing off.

on ditching NI..

abandoning NI to join ROI is as daft as saying invade ROI and make them part of UK. I can’t imagine too many people will want to cash their savings in to euros at 1.12 to the pound.

Johnson isnt seriously planning to go out on the 31st.

Ever since he got into office he has been campaigning for an election win.
All he wants is to win a 5 year term.....prime minister is his goal.

All of the Brexit stuff is propaganda to win over Brexit party and Labour leavers.

Every single new policy is 100% cynically calculated to win over the electorate -targetted at labour floaters and traditional right wingers.

I dont know anything he says or does is sincere or likely to happen........

He’s not required to do that.
Well - maybe not, but with no extension and no deal illegal that is the only option.

Besides they have already indicated they will approve an extension. They don’t want to be responsible for chucking the UK out of the EU, they’d very much like us to call the whole thing off.
Fair enough - and exactly - if only Johnson could be trusted.

Ireland wont agree to any hard border.

Would England accept a hard border anywhere?

Imagine how inconvenient it would be.

Ditching NI is a nice neat solution. We get Brexit and hard borders.

Thats what Brexiteers want, out, so if thats daft then finally you understand the stupidity of Brexit.

We need a daft solution for a daft referendum.
You have been listening to the thoughts of comrade Corbyn again haven't you.
Ditching N.I. isn't a new idea is it, the IRA tried force a United Ireland on the people without their consent and it turned into a bloodbath for all concerned.
Anyway the Belfast agreement was created to facilitate SF/IRA demands that the British should recognise that there are 2 separate communities in N.I., one Unionist and the other Nationalist.
This means that any future border poll would require a majority in both communities for a U.I.
So stop letting your anti Ulster prejudice cloud your judgement.

Simple: United Ireland, reinstate Hadrians Wall, blow up the Severn Bridge, flood the Chunnel. We'll be great again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back