Socket behind oven

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
have another look at the "socket" on the left and tell me how many of the 3-pin holes you can see.

I've already counted.

Don't include the screw holes.

View media item 32319

:rolleyes:

You know what they say about a picture.

Find the trip switch in your fuse box that turns off the oven/cooker (whatever) and see if it turns off that socket as well.

If it doesnt, switch off the sockets trips in the use box until you find the one that does.

Post back.

Im pretty sure it started that way :oops:

Anyway does this make a difference to being able to use the other one as 'normal'?

:rolleyes:

You know what they say about a picture.

Find the trip switch in your fuse box that turns off the oven/cooker (whatever) and see if it turns off that socket as well.

If it doesnt, switch off the sockets trips in the use box until you find the one that does.

Post back.

when you say "the switch turns off" do you mean "the socket" or do you mean "the cooker outlet"?

The light on the switch for the socket goes off when I switch off the switch on the fuse box that is for all the kitchen switches.

If I turn off the switch on the fuse box for the cooker, only the cooker switches off.

what about the single socket?

also, if that cooker is connected to the socket curcuit, that doesnt sound right to me.

Sorry.. as usual I wasn't very clear!

The oven only turns off when I turn off the cooker switch on the fuse box. It stays on when I switch the one for the switches off.

The single socket goes off with all the other sockets when turned off at the fuse box but stays on when I turn the cooker one off.

Hope that makes sense!

you can use the socket for your dishwasher then.

but please print off this thread and read through it to see if you think it makes sense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back