Sockets in Kitchen moved after installed too low

Sponsored Links
He'd also be breaking the law, so you'd be able to use the rope he's supplied you to hang him out to dry.

once again, i cannot thank you all enough, i have contacted the builder and told him i am not happy and its not compliant and he needs to fix it.
he is planning a meeting with the electrician to work out how to move forward. Obviously now talking to all you I feel armed with more information, so i can push for the job to be done the right way.

Thanks again all, I will let you know how it goes :)

Good.

Remember, if he goes on about this 'note of change' by the consumer unit, tell him that anyone with a drill in the kitchen about to fix something to the wall won't be looking at the consumer unit...

Sponsored Links
As already said if blanking plates are fitted then not really a problem. .
Theres Horizontal cables as well as vertical ones
You are correct. I had missed that. So yes the guy has to rip it out and start again.
I'm a bit confused here, because I would have said the same as eric said in the first place. Yes, there are horizontal cables, but AFAICS they all arise from the sides of backboxes - so, if those boxes (containing joints) were covered with blank plates (which remained visible) then I would have thought that the cables would all be within safe zones ... or do you (rocky) not believe that joints behind a blank plate (as opposed to more 'obvious' accessories) create a safe zone?

Kind Regards, John

... if those boxes (containing joints) were covered with blank plates (which remained visible) then I would have thought that the cables would all be within safe zones ...

You're correct John. I think the point is, it's over a kitchen worktop, so likely to be tiled or some sort of splash-back fitted, ergo not likely to remain visible.

... if those boxes (containing joints) were covered with blank plates (which remained visible) then I would have thought that the cables would all be within safe zones ...
You're correct John. I think the point is, it's over a kitchen worktop, so likely to be tiled or some sort of splash-back fitted, ergo not likely to remain visible.
That's quite possibly true, although I assumed that eric was also thinking of them remaining visible (even if not very pretty) - since one can't really tile over standard blank plates!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back