Sockets not flush with wall

plus these switches wont even be used, i have plenty on the other wall it is only the fused one for the washing machine below needed really.

Sponsored Links
You said in the first post you used to have tiles. And that you now don't want tiles or a splashback.

Now you are saying you are having tiles.

Have I got this all wrong?

If the sockets on the other walls are higher, and you are having tiles, then you have a golden opportunity to raise these sockets up to the correct height.

it was tiled all around, i am having the other wall tiled, hob wall all tiled this is the sink wall, i dont want tiles but he left the fronts off because he said you may have to have tiles or splashback, he told me that when he had finished i was out when he did it, i come back and told him i really didnt want to tile it and that is where we are upto hence me looking for another solution to tiles, and i didnt really want him back to make the sockets deeper, more work as i dont used them ones... if this makes sense...

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a bit of lack of information between both parties imo , did you tell him that Upstanding was going in ? , because as they are they look awful , as others have said , MAJOR problems getting a Moulded plug into them in the future imo .

No I didn't tell him, he wasn't the original electrician he came short notice, upstand was already up and like I said I wont be using these switches I have about 10 on the other side, I will probably be putting a vase in this corner anyway so you wouldnt see them I just want all the switches changed to brushed steel, the quickest way without any mess or fuss, if I was using them I would probably get them moved up..

The socket heights are far, far too low and non-compliant with the Wiring Regulations (which explicitly require them to be at a height which won't damage the plug or flex - taken to be around 6” clearance).

hi but they wont be getting used so i dont really see the point in doing it, they are just there, it would be easier to remove the upstand if i had to comply with regulations..

thats in your opinion, and didnt know you was the spokesperson for everyone....
This thread is going nowhere. The op is happy to accept this work, even though we are all cringing it at.
thats in your opinion, and didnt know you was the spokesperson for everyone....

I think he was on your side!

To stop people posting unhelpful comments like move them up

oh i see, but if people read the thread instead of offering and answers am not looking for, i was asking can i fill the gaps i dont want to move them i dont use them, it is not important to me to move them.

I don’t think anyone else came up with a better or value for money than these.

Will space them out a bit.
Bridge the gap.
And filler to them if there is still a gap.

You don’t need to disconnect the wires (well not in the double) to fit.

For less than £10. Worth a go

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back