sockets

Yes, that is a FCU, but we need to know if it is live.

If it is live we need to know what circuit it is connected to, and the size of the MCB.

If not live we need to know where the other end of the cable goes to.

Do you have a test meter?

Sponsored Links
It looks like it is a FCU for a old wall heater.
But still need to know that it has not been used for anything else and is still live.

havnt had time to check if it is live yet and I dont have a meter, all I know is that the wiring comes up from the floor like all the other wiring sorry forgot to tell you it is a bungalow

You, or someone, needs to test for voltage with a voltage meter.

Can you do this safely?

Alternatively, if you have some loose floorboards you may be able to trace where the cable goes.

A photograph of the fuse box area may be helpful.

Sponsored Links
are these photos any help, maybe I should disconnect this old socket and take a feed off another socket in the next room which may be easier and safer

I decided to get an electrician to check it out and it was found to be disconnected so its now cut off and plastered in, so thank you all for the response you gave hope you all have a HAPPY CHRISTMAS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back