Soft close drawer kit for 500mm wide unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into our first house in June an im now getting close to finihing all th redecoration off. THe main thing to finh is the kitchen.
I fitted new kitchen (one of the take away ones from Wickes) its not amazing quality but im pretty happy.

The only thing I dont like is the drawer unit that we have. Its a 500mm wide unit and came with three standard drawers. These feel pretty flimsy.
I want to replace these drawers with some soft close ones (obviously reusing the drawer fronts)
Does anyone know where if possible I can purchse a set of soft close drawers?

Many thanks!!!

P.S Would these work? http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/n...qrefcmp=AW&bqrefcre=AW_AFFILIATES&affid=61804

Sponsored Links
You need to make sure the carcase thickness on your wickes units are the same as the B&Q ones as the draw widths are based on the internal carcase size which will be 6mm different if one has 15mm carcases abd the other 18mm. Also check the front to back lengths as some carcases will only take 450mm long draws others 500mm

The other problem will be that the draws in your link are a bit shallow for a three draw base, OK for 5 draws. You would be better off buying gallery rails for the lower two draws so stuff won't fall out. Not sure if B&Q do the deeper draws but a decent supplier of blum draw components will have all the bits you need such as woodfit

Jason

Most Schrieber (half of MFI range) stuff comes with soft close drawers as standard now (bedrooms and kitchens). Schrieber furniture has always been slightly superior to Hygiena - carcass thickness, already assembled, now soft close :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back