Solar Power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody fitted worcester, vaillant or viessmann solar panels??

A mate is wanting me to fit some alongwith an unvented cylinder, just wanting opinions as never done any.

Viessmann looks good with the horizontal cylinder, and vaillant looks just plain good, WB might be easyer on the wallet tho.

Thoughts Please!

Sponsored Links
Vaillant kit is good but withdrew their evacuated tubes due to failures in germany.

New tube is being fitted under warrenty at present and should be available for purchase soon if not already.

And the Viessmann evacuated tube is made by Schott, a Viessmann linked company that made the evacuated tube panels for ....... Vaillant!

I fit Viessman solar panels in France, top notch. They're more expensive than the worcester (ELM Le Blanc in France), but have a better output. Vaillant I've never installed so I can't comment.

Sponsored Links
And the Viessmann evacuated tube is made by Schott, a Viessmann linked company that made the evacuated tube panels for ....... Vaillant!

I thought the Viessmann tubes were made by Thermomax. I seriously doubt they would still be selling the 200/300 if they were at risk of damage.

I haven't yet fitted the 100's but they do look a good alternative to tubes. I am also looking seriously at using Rmsolar and Velux again.

Thanks guys.

Thinking I am going to reccommend the vaillant stuff as the viessmann
system boiler only goes to 30kw and vaillant does a 37kw. The house is a big one!!

Thanks guys.

Thinking I am going to reccommend the vaillant stuff as the viessmann
system boiler only goes to 30kw and vaillant does a 37kw. The house is a big one!!
Sorry they have moved on since then, they now have a 35kw system and combi 100 range and the 200 range goes right upto 105kw on the wall, as for the kit itself its top class with a solution for all applications panels and tubes. They also run a 3 day c.i.t.b course at Telford or a 1 day intro course which is free of charge. I have done both courses and learnt a lot. :

htgeng";p="938906 said:
I seriously doubt they would still be selling the 200/300 if they were at risk of damage.

Realistically they're not, the panels are at risk of exploding if the outside temp starts nudging 40C. Pretty unlikely here!! However a couple did go in Europe, and Vaillant decided not to take any chances.

Vaillant have resolved the issues with the tubes and are available again
fairly easy to fit with 2 guys but for a single fitter try Apricus the frame goes up first, then the manifold (you can stand on frame to fit) and finally the tubes go in 1 at a time.
last one i fitted using just a ladder and a roof ladder! quite safe as frame weighs very little and you just slide the tie bars under tiles and secure in loft.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back