Solder v Compression v Pushfit

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
FFS - don't take that tone, it doesn't add to a well reasoned debate which neither Seco or Nixt have manged to achieve.

I didn't say it would overtake solder in sales.
So until someone here can prove that solder is better than copper glue with evidence I suggest you take your emotions elsewhere.

As Softus said
_________

PS Copper glue?
rolling-on-the-floor.gif
rolling-on-the-floor.gif
rolling-on-the-floor.gif
rolling-on-the-floor.gif

FFS - don't take that tone, it doesn't add to a well reasoned debate which neither Seco or Nixt have manged to achieve.
Hm. You appear to be up for a reasoned debate. I trust you don't mind if I step in here, and I think you'll find me emotionless. I'm the reasoned argument Terminator. I don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear, and I absolutely will not stop. Ever. Until you admit you are wrong.

I didn't say it would overtake solder in sales.
It really isn't very clear what you did say, other than to post some grammatically deficient questions.

If you know anything about the product, then you should already know that it's not reliable for serious use.

If you don't know anything the product, then have a look at this topic:

So until someone here can prove that solder is better than copper glue with evidence I suggest you take your emotions elsewhere.
The burden of proof is upon you, actually. For every one professional plumber you can find, who thinks that copper glue isn't a laughable product, then I'll show you one thousand who disagree.

use ya common sense any time served plumber will not use glue they'll opt for solder alday long.

The burden of proof is upon you, actually. For every one professional plumber you can find, who thinks that copper glue isn't a laughable product, then I'll show you one thousand who disagree.

And I've still to see some proof.
In this thread, there are a few who have reported leaks with compression but just as many who have problems with solder - including those being incapable of using it.

There are some that report fire risks of soldering in floor voids.
So that suggests that solding is not a first choice every time as others claim.

The link you posted has losts of "IMO"s and "I can't imagines" but no facts other than SOFTUS who stated he couldn't work glue and got a leak.

The only point that has any substance so far is SOFTUS who said that you can't dismantle a glued joint.

So I await the "burden of proof" and the day that many a time served plumber steps out of the dark ages and moves with more modern methods.
Go on, try something new.

The burden of proof is upon you, actually.
And I've still to see some proof.
If you believe that the product works, and is useful, then by all means use it. If you want to carry the can for advising someone else to use it, then by all means go ahead, but you're on your own.

For every one professional plumber you can find, who thinks that copper glue isn't a laughable product, then I'll show you one thousand who disagree.
Go on, try something new.
You'll find many professionals using Speedfit, Hep2o, and TecTite, all of which are younger than the soldered copper method, so your glib dismissal of other posters' opinions doesn't carry any weight.

You asked the question.

Seco wrote plumbers prefer solder to which you asked for evidence. The fact that solder is purchased hand over fist more than glue might lead people (though clearly not you) to assume that more is used (which answers your question). Unless it's being collected for fun.

If you can't solder and prefer to use your airfix skills, there's no need to suggest everyone else is wrong.

Experienced people, let alone plumbers, are reluctant to use new and radical products because manufacturers don't do proper prodct testing. They let the public do that, and wriggle out of claims in the meantime - or go bust.

Building products need to last for many years with excellent reliablitlity, and come from responsible companies, who won't then "value engineer" them to be cheaper and possibly less effective.

The blurb on this copper glue doesn't cut it. It's woefully inadequate and incompetent.
As a professional plumber, engineer, quaified metallurgist/materials scientist and vaguely sensible person, I wouldn't go near the product or the company with a barge pole.

Thanks for the feedback folks, it's been most helpful and erm, entertaining :D

My choice of fitting has been made up for me though after lifting the floor.

Unbeknown to me Ive got stainless pipes :oops:

So another question if I may - assuming the diameter and section of the pipe is the same as copper equivalent, can I use standard compression fittings to join these or do they have to be special ones for steel.

Cheers in advance!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back