Some more science for MickyG.

Sponsored Links
http://www.harunyahya.com/books/darwinism/evolution_impasse/impasse1.php
You should enjoy this Micky it's should'nt be to challenging for you.
You might enjoy it and learn true science ;)

New, this 'true science' is mainly opinion. Equatting social darwinism with darwinism is like equatting a cold with a computer virus.
...and the science it does have ' a species can never change into another species' is wrong. The term 'species' is a man made concept and therefore is meaningless. This website claims that change up until 'species change' happens all the time...as it is a man made concept, how did it know when to stop???

Just another clutching at straws non sense I am afraid.

Creationism is a faith, i will not interfere with that. Evolution is science and fact, faith should stay away.

New, this 'true science' is mainly opinion. Equatting social darwinism with darwinism is like equatting a cold with a computer virus.
...and the science it does have ' a species can never change into another species' is wrong. The term 'species' is a man made concept and therefore is meaningless. This website claims that change up until 'species change' happens all the time...as it is a man made concept, how did it know when to stop???

Just another clutching at straws non sense I am afraid.

Creationism is a faith, i will not interfere with that. Evolution is science and fact, faith should stay away.

I agree, its all unprovable ******. The page is factually incorrect, the route from inorganic molecules like Methane to organic molecules like Ribonucleic Acid is not hard to simulate, its been done, its clearly how life started.

Sponsored Links
The error you have made there New is to assume that every offspring is identical to their parents. Which is not true.

Example

You have two groups of dogs, one with short hair, one with long hair (i don't know why you would have this set up ...but hey, it is your example)

The weather gets cold, the long haired dog fairs better, and out competes the short haired dog, ...it then gets even colder...so the offspring of the hairy dogs that has MOST hair breeds more than the original normal hair, and THEIR offspring with even LONGER hair does well too, so on and so forth.

Ten generations later the dogs aren't 'long hair dogs' they are 'very long hair dogs'.

New breed :)

Plato also made the same mistake so you are in good company.

This is why humans are getting taller on average. It is not because we started with half tall and half short people, we started off with short people and they have grown bigger generation on generation due to natural and sexual selection.

The error you have made there New is to assume that every offspring is identical to their parents. Which is not true.
Example

You have two groups of dogs, one with short hair, one with long hair (i don't know why you would have this set up ...but hey, it is your example)

The weather gets cold, the long haired dog fairs better, and out competes the short haired dog, ...it then gets even colder...so the offspring of the hairy dogs that has MOST hair breeds more than the original normal hair, and THEIR offspring with even LONGER hair does well too, so on and so forth.

Ten generations later the dogs aren't 'long hair dogs' they are 'very long hair dogs'.

This is why humans are getting taller on average. It is not because we started with half tall and half short people, we started off with short people and they have grown bigger generation on generation due to natural and sexual selection.
Try telling that to yaks in the Himalayas that :eek:
And why do you think humans are getting taller, Evolving this way is there a valid reason?
Just curious. :D

So does that mean that when I was .... like a hippy and my hair was long ..... I was like evolving ....... man.

Example

And why do you think humans are getting taller, Evolving this way is there a valid reason?

Two reasons, you never hear of a woman lusting after a "Short, dark and handsome man" and better nutrition.

sorry I thought you said Science, not hopeful waffle. I think you know full well I'll never buy any of this drivel from Religious groups to try and combat the ever growing factual evidence for Evolution, the big bang and all the other wonders of science and nature that religion never predicted, never saw coming and can never explain.
I appreciate that if your religious and your reasonably smart that something like this is a bit of a get out clause, but I find some of the stuff in there verging on silly.
Evolution is not an ideology its scientific fact, end of.

Oh humans are definitely getting taller. Massive amounts of historic and archeological evidence proves it. You go round and 13th century castle - look how small the doorways are. We bang our heads on the door lintels and struggle to get through, 13th men didnt, they were all on average 5 foot 4 tall.

Graves uncovered from even the bronze age show most men about 5 foot something. Giants of legends were most likely simply to have been six footers.

New, it may be easier to ask you this...
Why do you think evolution does not exist?
it is something we can see, so why do you believe it isn't true?

Darwin never said that mutations happend "as and when necessary ". They happen all the time and if they are an advantage which normally they aren't of course, they may benefit the possesser to breed easily therefore passing it on..

On to your reasons.

1.Because of the total lack of transitional fossils.
There are loads. From what to what species would you like?
I'll post you the link
2. because of the absurdity that the complex structures like EYES ( which have to be a whole part or will not function) cannot come about in stages.
This is simply not true. 'eyes' can vary from the Eye of a hawk, (which is much better than our own by the way) to single cells that react when light hits them, and loads of inbetweens. You have animals that only see light and dark, then other because they are concave can tell where the light is coming from, then others that have filters to tell colours too, etc
This notion that there is only one type of eye is something already dealt with 'Origin' right from the off.

3. Darwin didn't himself believe in some of his findings and said that they were just his assumptions/theories.
He made hypothesise, he was a scientist after all. For example, he theorised that after finding a flower with a tube a foot long. He theorised that this must mean there was a moth with a 'tounge' long enough to get it. A tiny moth with a foot long tounge! Everyone thought he was nuts...8 years after his death they found it. Xanthopan morgani.

4. Darwin believed in God but his followers don't , Why?
Darwin DID believe in God, but he lost his faith around the time his daughter died.

5. Conversely my beliefs correspond with science, and are not conjecture.

A almost total majority of scientists would disagree with you.

Darwin never said that mutations happend "as and when necessary ". They happen all the time and if they are an advantage which normally they aren't of course, they may benefit the possesser to breed easily therefore passing it on..

On to your reasons.

1.Because of the total lack of transitional fossils.
There are loads. From what to what species would you like?
I'll post you the link

theres pages and pages of them here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transitional_fossils

2. because of the absurdity that the complex structures like EYES ( which have to be a whole part or will not function) cannot come about in stages.
This is simply not true. 'eyes' can vary from the Eye of a hawk, (which is much better than our own by the way) to single cells that react when light hits them, and loads of inbetweens. You have animals that only see light and dark, then other because they are concave can tell where the light is coming from, then others that have filters to tell colours too, etc
This notion that there is only one type of eye is something already dealt with 'Origin' right from the off.

Several species arrived at the same solution independently at different points in the life of the earth. There is only one design that works, the one we use. If we ever encounter alien life they will almost certainly have something similar.

heres david attenborough explaining it

3. Darwin didn't himself believe in some of his findings and said that they were just his assumptions/theories.
He made hypothesise, he was a scientist after all. For example, he theorised that after finding a flower with a tube a foot long. He theorised that this must mean there was a moth with a 'tounge' long enough to get it. A tiny moth with a foot long tounge! Everyone thought he was nuts...8 years after his death they found it. Xanthopan morgani.
Ive read several biographies of Darwin, theres nothing to suggest this view is true in the slightest.

4. Darwin believed in God but his followers don't , Why?
Darwin DID believe in God, but he lost his faith around the time his daughter died.
He considered it "absurd to doubt that a man might be an ardent theist and an evolutionist" and, though reticent about his religious views, in 1879 he wrote that "I have never been an atheist in the sense of denying the existence of a God. – I think that generally ... an agnostic would be the most correct description of my state of mind."

5. Conversely my beliefs correspond with science, and are not conjecture.

A almost total majority of scientists would disagree with you.

and several people here as well :D

Sponsored Links
Back