Something just happened in space..

Sponsored Links
Ah, so you did.

Would still like to know which scientist(s) have said that Yellowstone erupting will kill us all.

Professor Brian Cox has said that Yellowstone will kill us all, when it explodes, not if, and it's overdue to explode. Again, give or take a few hundred years.

Sponsored Links
Ah, so you did.

Would still like to know which scientist(s) have said that Yellowstone erupting will kill us all.

Professor Brian Cox has said that Yellowstone will kill us all, when it explodes, not if, and it's overdue to explode. Again, give or take a few hundred years.

Would you stop making stuff up?

But beneath it lies a colossal magma chamber, where the pressure is building. One day it may erupt, as it did two million years ago. Experts believe it will explode with the force of 1,000 Hiroshima atom bombs each second, dimming the sun for a decade by pumping sulphur into the sky and killing up to a billion people worldwide through starvation.

That's what Brian Cox said about Yellowstone. There are what, 6.5billion people on Earth? 6.5 - 1 = 5.5billion of us left. Extinction? Not even close.

The loosely defined term 'supervolcano' has been used to describe volcanic fields that produce exceptionally large volcanic eruptions. Thus defined, the Yellowstone Supervolcano is the volcanic field which produced the latest three supereruptions from the Yellowstone hotspot. The three super eruptions occurred 2.1 million, 1.3 million, and 640,000 years ago, forming the Island Park Caldera, the Henry's Fork Caldera, and Yellowstone calderas, respectively

Looking at those dates it is due to go off. But it could be anytime between now and the next half a million years. Certainly not "in the next few hundred"

Ah, so you did.

But beneath it lies a colossal magma chamber, where the pressure is building. One day it may erupt, as it did two million years ago. Experts believe it will explode with the force of 1,000 Hiroshima atom bombs each second, dimming the sun for a decade by pumping sulphur into the sky and killing up to a billion people worldwide through starvation.

That's what Brian Cox said about Yellowstone. There are what, 6.5billion people on Earth? 6.5 - 1 = 5.5billion of us left. Extinction? Not even close.

I don't make 'stuff' up, just quote what people say in response to your idiotic and random posts; You say I make stuff up, then agree with me, so a random guess that a billion people will be killed? Where is that data from? Is that the initial explosion, or the millions of years later, when the clouds settle? And plant life may be restored. You really do talk nonsense.

Look at the bigger picture. And think before you write..You asked for the scientist that provided the information, I gave it to you, you then discredited yourself by posting inaccurate information. What you think in your head is not what a leading scientist believes. I'd believe him, before you.

Belief,that is the issue.

As much as we know, we know nothing.

Everyday is a learning curve. Old theories being dispanded, improved.
We know more about the upper atmosphere than the ocean depths.

And still do not understand it :D

I don't make 'stuff' up, just quote what people say in response to your idiotic and random posts; You say I make stuff up, then agree with me, so a random guess that a billion people will be killed? Where is that data from? Is that the initial explosion, or the millions of years later, when the clouds settle? And plant life may be restored. You really do talk nonsense.

Look at the bigger picture. And think before you write..You asked for the scientist that provided the information, I gave it to you, you then discredited yourself by posting inaccurate information. What you think in your head is not what a leading scientist believes. I'd believe him, before you.

That is a quote from Brian Cox, the same bloke you said had said Yellowstone erupting will kill us all. That's his quote! If you bothered reading it he talks about dying from starvation as well.

I discredited you by posting what that scientist actually said. Not me, not my opinion, Prof. Brian Cox's actual quote.

For a change admit you're wrong, because as it is you look like a fool.

As much as I like the fella I think he assumed a fair bit with his prediction, how does he know how many would be killed? , it could well make all life on earth extinct, we simply dont know.

Allow me to explain it for you, the upper atmosphere is high up and the ocean depths are deep under the ocean.
Capiche?

Allow me to explain it for you, the upper atmosphere is high up and the ocean depths are deep under the ocean.
Capiche?

And?

Ah, so you did.

Billion initially...GLOBALLY, through starvation...what do the rest of the people live on? Cannibalism? What would the world be like, no power, no water, how many die then?

If it caused global crop failure for a few years it would probably be a lot more than a billion dying. We'd be alright in this country though, we could eat all the immigrants.

Though I couldn't eat a gypo

Sponsored Links
Back