Something just happened in space..

If it caused global crop failure for a few years it would probably be a lot more than a billion dying. We'd be alright in this country though, we could eat all the immigrants.

Though I couldn't eat a gypo

Still waiting for Micky to provide a quote from Prof. Cox which states humans will become extinct.

Micky, I wish you were my lecturer. It'd be fantastic. I wouldn't have to state any sources for my facts, and I could insist the made up stuff was true.

I'd be getting 100% all the time.:cool:

Sponsored Links
If Coxy boy did say that how could you use it as fact anyway? It isnt , its speculation.

Belief,that is the issue.

As much as we know, we know nothing.

Everyday is a learning curve. Old theories being dispanded, improved.
We know more about the upper atmosphere than the ocean depths.

And still do not understand it :D

Allow me to explain it for you, the upper atmosphere is high up and the ocean depths are deep under the ocean.
Capiche?

And?

You said you didnt understand it, I thought I might be able to help.

If Coxy boy did say that how could you use it as fact anyway? It isnt , its speculation.

That's the thing, Micky's saying Prof. Cox stated that humans would become extinct, yet can't/won't find a source for it. I posted Prof. Cox's actual quote, and apparently that says everyone will die (I still can't see where it says that), and is stating it as fact.

Sponsored Links

That's the thing, Micky's saying Prof. Cox stated that humans would become extinct, yet can't/won't find a source for it. I posted Prof. Cox's actual quote, and apparently that says everyone will die (I still can't see where it says that), and is stating it as fact.

That's because there is no source, as Cox can't predict it, so his estimate is as good as mine. I never said it was fact. The only similar evidence that can be evaluated is the extinction of the dinosaurs, and they all died, unfortunately. So how is Cox to give a definitive figure? I just said that I think it would be more.

Did Cox state, at the time of impact, 1 billion lost, or the aftermath, or the long term issues involved? Or did he guess?

That's because there is no source, as Cox can't predict it, so his estimate is as good as mine. I never said it was fact. The only similar evidence that can be evaluated is the extinction of the dinosaurs, and they all died, unfortunately. So how is Cox to give a definitive figure? I just said that I think it would be more.

Did Cox state, at the time of impact, 1 billion lost, or the aftermath, or the long term issues involved? Or did he guess?

Ah, so you did.

Would still like to know which scientist(s) have said that Yellowstone erupting will kill us all.

Professor Brian Cox has said that Yellowstone will kill us all, when it explodes, not if, and it's overdue to explode. Again, give or take a few hundred years.

My problem isn't with the statement, it's with the fact that he didn't say it would kill us all.

Nobody knows what will happen, but what I do know is you were wrong when you said Prof. Cox had said it'll kill us all. I take issue with you making stuff up and refusing to back it up. He didn't say it, so why claim he did? Your words are there, in black & white (or whatever colour the background is).

Ah, so you did.

Would still like to know which scientist(s) have said that Yellowstone erupting will kill us all.

Professor Brian Cox has said that Yellowstone will kill us all, when it explodes, not if, and it's overdue to explode. Again, give or take a few hundred years.

My problem isn't with the statement, it's with the fact that he didn't say it would kill us all.

Nobody knows what will happen, but what I do know is you were wrong when you said Prof. Cox had said it'll kill us all. I take issue with you making stuff up and refusing to back it up. He didn't say it, so why claim he did? Your words are there, in black & white (or whatever colour the background is).

Someone asked who said it, and I said Cox, then the whole thing ballooned..to the point where I am now the expert, and you are the bully, with no solid statement about something that may or may not happen, and have no justification to say either way, so to make an argument about nothing is inexplicable, and no data either way, but you still carry on, to try to justify your NON argument. It's a NON argument that you are arguing about, what point are you trying to make? Cox made up a number and I disagreed? So..if you have all the info, step upto the plate. As the info isn't verifyable. Get a life. Or disprove Cox and Me. Or STFU. stop bugging me, and email Cox instead.

Someone asked who said it, and I said Cox, then the whole thing ballooned..to the point where I am now the expert, and you are the bully, with no solid statement about something that may or may not happen, and have no justification to say either way, so to make an argument about nothing is inexplicable, and no data either way, but you still carry on, to try to justify your NON argument. It's a NON argument that you are arguing about, what point are you trying to make? Cox made up a number and I disagreed? So..if you have all the info, step upto the plate. As the info isn't verifyable. Get a life. Or disprove Cox and Me. Or STFU. stop bugging me, and email Cox instead.

I asked you. The thing is, Prof. Cox did not say what you said he said. As it is, you're saying man will become extinct. Prof. Cox has never said that!

If you had a modicum of intelligence you might be able to see that. But alas, you don't, so I won't bother. Just carry on living in your own little delusional world where you're always right and everyone else is wrong.

Sponsored Links
Back