Sometimes I'm ashamed to be English

If I was having a discussion on a far right forum. I would then expect an answer like the above....
I don't know who you are but I suspect your not a nice person.
Because I've exposed your devious and disingenuous reporting of 6,500 deaths connected to the building of the stadiums in Qatar?
Your claim is palpably not true.
And don't blame the Guardian, they never reported what you are claiming.
1f9ce.png

Sponsored Links
Birds (the feathered kind) are all birds. But there's big differences between them.

Too many disenfranchised men and women - the route cause is the inequality. They have low prospects, dead end jobs and this is there one moment they have attached to, to bring some sort of meaning to their lives.

If you invest so much into sport you must have some issues elswhere.

One of the greatest achievements by this country was educating the poor post the wars as the Governments rightly concluded we needed people to rebuild the country and it lead to so much social mobility which now over the last few decades has come to a hault.

Now that I've exposed your devious and disingenuous reporting of those deaths, would you like to apologise for your outburst?
Qatar World Cup: report reveals 34 stadium worker deaths in 6 years
The thing is, they arent just building stadiums - theres a massive amount of associated infrastructure needed, a whole a new airport, roads, motorways, public transport systems, hotels and other accommodation facilities, power, water & drainage...

How many of the 6500 deaths were of workers who were only there because of all the construction associated with the WC is hard to say with confidence, but one could look at the numbers of migrant workers, and deaths, in the 5 years before the WC construction boom started.

But Id bet its a lot more than 34, or 3, or 37.

Qatar does not report the truth, and it does not properly investigate causes of death - dont rely on their glib assertions about how many "construction deaths" there have been, and dont ignore all the deaths in construction which would not be happening were it not for the WC.

The thing is, they arent just building stadiums - theres a massive amount of associated infrastructure needed, a whole a new airport, roads, motorways, public transport systems, hotels and other accommodation facilities, power, water & drainage...

How many of the 6500 deaths were of workers who were only there because of all the construction associated with the WC is hard to say with confidence, but one could look at the numbers of migrant workers, and deaths, in the 5 years before the WC construction boom started.

But Id bet its a lot more than 34, or 3, or 37.

Qatar does not report the truth, and it does not properly investigate causes of death - dont rely on their glib assertions about how many "construction deaths" there have been, and dont ignore all the deaths in construction which would not be happening were it not for the WC.
Fair comment, and you are right in that Qatar does not properly report or investigate deaths.
But by the same token, we do not know how much construction work would have been going on anyway, irrespective of the world cup. Similarly, we don't know how many projects were delayed, waiting for such motivation to arise.

Ands as you rightly point out, to do a proper comparison, we need to look at the number of casualties prior to the WC being awarded to Qatar.
So, in short, the investigation was flawed from the outset, the conclusions drawn from a flawed investigation are invalid, the arguments for boycotting the WC are based purely on a flimsy, and unproven causal link, and, more importantly, it does not, and should not be allowed to divert attention away from other far more important issues. (Which may be the motive for pushing this issue, because those pushing it are known for their public opposition to BLM)
It can be an issue totally unconnected with football, and seen in its own right as an issue for migrant workers in Middle East countries in general, (not just Qatar) which is, in part, covered by the BLM global movement.
Despite Bodd thinking it's all about cops in US killing black people, the BLM movement started from that, but is now more about global inequality and discrimination.

Sponsored Links
It can be an issue totally unconnected with football, and seen in its own right as an issue for migrant workers in Middle East countries in general, (not just Qatar)
Dubai is also a dangerous place for migrant construction workers.

And quite a few people died building the Olympic facilities in Sochi, but Bodd was utterly silent about that - no calls for TeamGB to boycott that event....

Dubai is also a dangerous place for migrant construction workers.

And quite a few people died building the Olympic facilities in Sochi, but Bodd was utterly silent about that - no calls for TeamGB to boycott that event....

To be Frank. I didn't know about the Deaths in Sochi until the other day.
There is however more Deaths in the construction industry than any other industry in this country... It's a dangerous job...... BUT 6500 Deaths in Qatar .... are you seriously trying to make excuses for the England team?
I think you could add all the worlds competitions for 50 years and it would not amount to 6500.

There is however more Deaths in the construction industry than any other industry in this country... It's a dangerous job...... BUT 6500 Deaths in Qatar .... are you seriously trying to make excuses for the England team?
I think you could add all the worlds competitions for 50 years and it would not amount to 6500.
If you consider that, if the 6500 figure is true, they were deaths incurred in the whole construction industry in Qatar, so are you going to encourage people to boycott Qatar entirely.
And as you are now aware of the deaths incurred in Sochi, are you going to encourage everyone to boycott Sochi?
And as you are now aware of the deaths incurred in the construction industry generally in the Middle East, are you going to be encouraging people to boycott the Middle East?
As Dubai is the busiest airport in the world, good luck with that.

So you are now what some call "woke".

Im not trying to make excuses for anybody.

You do realise, dont you, that no matter how much noise you make about this issue it will never drown out your racist comments about footballers taking the knee?

So you are now what some call "woke".

Im not trying to make excuses for anybody.

You do realise, dont you, that no matter how much noise you make about this issue it will never drown out your racist comments about footballers taking the knee?

If it were only black players bending the knee,,,,,I'd kinda get it..... but it's not,,,,, so no I'm not,,,,and if it were and I did,,, I still wouldn't be.

If it were only black players bending the knee,,,,,I'd kinda get it..... but it's not,,,,,
No its not.

Because not all white people are racists. But racists are just as happy to abuse white people who supportanti-racism causes.

so no I'm not,,,,and if it were and I did,,, I still wouldn't be.
You shout abuse at anti-racism campaigners.

You say "well done" to racists when they shout abuse at anti-racism campaigners.

Ever heard sayings like these -

When I see a bird that walks like a duck and swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, I call that bird a duck.

By their friends you shall know them.

If you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas.

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.​

If you really think you are not a racist, then you need to do a lot of thinking about what you express approval of.

No its not.

Because not all white people are racists. But racists are just as happy to abuse white people who supportanti-racism causes.

Are you telling me that all those who bent their née is not racist.,?
Look into Jordan Henderson defending Luis Surrey.
Look how many European premiership players that played in the Euros didn't bend the Knee.....

Bending the knee..... Not bending the knee tells you nothing...

If you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas.

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.​

You know Mrs Bodd is part Indian ...
Prįck... are you telling me she has flees.....

Last edited by a moderator:
This explains why you don't give a shot about the 6500 migrants from India, Sri Lanka, Nepal,

Sponsored Links
Back