space heater lpg question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a new 51000 btu space heater from sealy and it is connected to a 19kg orange gas bottle via the supplied regulator and hose.

When I run the heater, I almost can't breathe- the lpg stinks so much and feels like my throat burns- I find the heater is really unusable because of this.

I have ensured that all connections are tight, what could be wrong or is the smell just a factor I have to live with? The sealy ad advertised NO SMELL...

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Taken from the web site-

"""Many users have found the advantages of propane heaters far outweigh the small additional running costs. The fuel is more completely burned and does not leave an oily residue as experienced with paraffin heaters. There is no odour, except for the few seconds during start-up and the units run a little more quietly since they do not need a compressor to drive the fuel to the burner. All propane heaters are fan assisted, are fitted with a piezoelectric ignition system for trouble-free starting and are supplied with a propane gas regulator. All heaters are tested and certified to CE standards by the German DVGW test house and are safe for use in the UK. All regulators are Calor approved."""

Now the funny bit!

View media item 11428
This is a space heater designed for building sites or motor repair places with an open door etc. Its NOT for use in a house and he is likely to kill himself with CO poisoning is he uses it like that. ( Good riddance Kev might say! )

Tony

Sponsored Links
And they smell to the high heavens, especially when the bottles are getting low :evil:

Hello---- "ass"uming people- the space heater is being used IN A BUILDING SITE with no closed doors. Unit was run for less than an hour before smell became intollerable. Didn't even think that a "non leaky" space heater could be faulty I mean, it is just a fan and an oversized propane torch. Guess I was wrong. Which of you people can cite facts of where space heaters can develop faults?

But as always, thanks for your intelligent answers. Guess that's why you are here answering me instead being of out on calls during the week.

This is a space heater designed for building sites or motor repair places with an open door etc. Its NOT for use in a house and he is likely to kill himself with CO poisoning is he uses it like that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back