Spain introduces a 2 week quarantine on international visitors.

Sponsored Links
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...-allinternational-visitors-two-weeks-counter/

Good. I hope it’s still in place on July 5th when we are supposed to be going to Barcelona. We have a 5 day pre-paid break that we don’t want to go on and can claim on our insurance! ;)
It would be nice to go away - but essential? We forfeited a golf break in Portugal (back end of April) because of the situation.

Matt Hancock has been saying today 'be prepared to cancel summer holidays' etc. Not great news mottie. Do you think it will have an effect upon folks wanting to holiday in the UK?

It would be nice to go away - but essential? We forfeited a golf break in Portugal (back end of April) because of the situation.

Matt Hancock has been saying today 'be prepared to cancel summer holidays' etc. Not great news mottie. Do you think it will have an effect upon folks wanting to holiday in the UK?
I think it’s going to affect both U.K. and foreign holidays. We almost booked a week in a cottage in the Peaks for April but luckily my wife was still waiting for her holiday to be authorised when things started shutting down. My wife was off to Spain with her mates in June, we are booked for Barcelona in July and I’m booked on a fly-ride motorcycle trip with my mates in October. It wouldn’t bother me if we didn’t go on any of them. Besides, it won’t be a break for me as I won’t be working so it won’t feel like a holiday! The only other one we have this year is our yearly post Christmas/new year holiday with 8 of our friends in a big house in the Peak District. The annoying thing is, our annual travel insurance expires 3 days before the start of the first holiday so I’ll probably have to renew it just to claim! You might be okay for the Ski season though. :whistle:

Sponsored Links
Do you think it will have an effect upon folks wanting to holiday in the UK?
Partner last year booked a private fishing cottage in Norfolk for the end of June/early July, for him and his dad. Fishing, I think, has now been said people can now do but they have been told to wait to see what happens by the holiday company.. tbh, it's still not looking that promising.

Back