spare tyre

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son is running around without a spare tyre :eek: :eek: :eek: His MOT is due next week and muggings will probably pay for that until he gets paid ,anyway on the directgov site it says spare tyres are not tested for tread etc, but does there need to be a spare tyre to pass MOT :?: and isnt it illegal (and downright stupid ) not to have one :?: cheers P M

Sponsored Links
If you have one, it has to be legal, but there is no requirement to have one (however if you don't have one, and get a puncture and end up calling your breakdown service out they might throw a wobby about it all!)

Some cars roll out the factory without one... and motorcycles certainly do :LOL:

I don't think you have a carry a spare, best to buy a can of Tyre Weld to get out of trouble.

My car doesn't come with a spare tyre!

I don't think you need a spare tyre to pass the MOT. I hate the idea of those horrid foam/compressor things that they are starting to put into cars nowadays, if you get a reasonable size puncture they will not work. Just slightly better although still imo awful are space saver tyres!! Or the ones that live in a cage under the car :mad: . I like the idea of having a full size proper spare so at least if I do have a puncture I can swop it and drive home normally.

Sponsored Links
no requirement for one to be in the car. If one is in the car, it must be legal, both for the mot and for road use. Not sure how many actually check it at the mot bearing in mind its normally under piles of crap in the boot

My son is running around without a spare tyre :eek: :eek: :eek: His MOT is due next week and muggings will probably pay for that until he gets paid ,anyway on the directgov site it says spare tyres are not tested for tread etc, but does there need to be a spare tyre to pass MOT :?: and isnt it illegal (and downright stupid ) not to have one :?: cheers P M

He can have mine, Mrs B keeps telling me that I've got to get rid of my spare tyre.

Not the brand new fords :cry:
They come with a horrid space saver.

My Dad got his new Ford in July and all it has is a can of tyre-weld.

I don't know about you but i find that that tyre weld stuffs no good, it don't half make a racket each time it spins round and hits the road and it never seems to stay screwed to the valve for the whole journey.

I don't know about you but i find that that tyre weld stuffs no good, it don't half make a racket each time it spins round and hits the road and it never seems to stay screwed to the valve for the whole journey.

Didn't yours come with cable tie :?:
CTies.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back