Spot the problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I spotted this lamp outside my local Sainsburys and railway station, I believe that the lamp belongs to said supermarket.

I haven't seen it live, although no one seems want to do anything about it.

Sponsored Links
PErhaps a quick test to ascertain if it is live then a call into the store may be in order before someone does something silly?

Sponsored Links
big organisations find it difficult to fob off or ignore letters for long.

Dont know about the one in the pic
But sometimes Thats how you buy them, the gland plate has two knurled spigots on it , and you jubilee clip it on, supplied with it.

Has anyone else spotted the fuse? (or the piece of wire in place of it!)

Don't worry it will soon get fixed when Mrs Jones pooch cocks it's leg and goes wooooof!

Don't worry it will soon get fixed when Mrs Jones pooch cocks it's leg and goes wooooof!

And the red shield missing covering the lover terminal - removed to insert said 'fuseable link'! To be honest though, no fuse is not too bad - it is only fed by a 2.5, so the fusing is likely low at the origin anyway. These cutouts are designed for looping through larger cables with larger OPD's at the origin.

You can also get these lamp post cutouts in a concentric version - just two grommeted holes instead. I tend to use those, and butt a galvanised trouser leg box to the bottom of one of the grommets. Gives something decent to gland to then. Take the cores through the galv box into the cutout.

Thats a Bill switchgear cutout. Ive seen worse than that picture on callouts like board cutouts smashed and hanging out of the column.
Needs a replacement door and a nice Tespa band to stop it being ragged off.
Prob a new cutout as well going by the corrsion on that SWA.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back