squaring up the walls for tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. I am on my first bathroom project. My walls are thermalite blocks and one wall is a brick wall. Tiles will be 600*300 10mm thick porcelain. Brick wall not exactly flat (deeps up to 10mm here and there), but overall level is not too bad. So i have two questions.
1. Should I render it with sand and cement or just use more adhesive?
2. I use dab n dot where i can, but i got to this corner where the walls are out of square by 45mm. Brick wall is parallel to the other wall, so i need to fix block wall. What would you guys recommend? I think of having plaster board on it before tiling. But can i dab n dot 45mm?

What do you guys suggest?

Regards. Mike.

Attachments

• InkedIMG_20190620_174102_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_20190620_174102_LI.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 204
Sponsored Links
I used insulated plasterboard on all external walls, [never hurts to improve insulation], internal walls can be coverd with plasterboard or aqua panel, or similar, around wet areas.Fixing with foam adhesive copes with just about any size holes.

I have an idea how to do it. Where i got the biggest gap (where i will have bath installed), i will make a wooden frame and screw on hardie board. The rest of the wall will be dab and dot plasterboard. Should work right? I will Waterproof it some tanking paint later, before i start tiling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back