Stars haiti appeal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well I just wanted to say a big thank you to all those stars who will be giving up their time to sing,perform etc for the Haiti appeal to encourage us to donate.
Just wonder how much of their own cash they have put in the pot?? :confused:

I would be happy to hand over a week of my wages if all the premiership players popstars politicans etc were to do the same. ;)

Sponsored Links
wonder how much they will get off the back of it from other record sales, just like they did with the last few big charity gigs (call me cynical)

Yeah,Im all for helping a worthy cause and seeing whats going on out there is very sad but I think the stars should be seen to put their hands in their own pockets for a change instead of everyone elses.Cowells worth millions,c'mon Simon dig deep!!

I am curious to know where all these news reporters out there are staying.
Always got clean shirts on when presenting the desperate films of the rescues and such.
They keep saying that the people have no drinking water or food but these news men find water to wash and shave and launder.

Also, there are no local communications lines open nor electricity etc, but they can always get onto the satalites for their reports.
When you considering cameraman, sound guy and the news guy, along with a couple of technicians, for each news company, and the UK has Sky, BBC, ITN, how many hundreds are there out there getting in the way, using up essential supplies sent in for the injured and homeless, and being of as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Sponsored Links
how much does it cost to put on these gigs/shows

air fare/lighting/makeup entourages, hotels etc must cost a bloody fortune

surely costs more than will be raised by the event alone

did any1 see the programme with george mccleod living in the slum in haiti?

i was going to start a similar post myself.... what i don't get is..."why are we raising money at all for these people?"

before the tirade starts... let me first say.... as the current situation stands, we mustn't stop giving, let's give these people every single chance of survival we can.

But what i don't get is... i heard a news reporter say "just give £15, this buys 10 buckets"... and i guess these buckets will help get water to those that need it.... but why don't the companies that make the buckets, just donate them? and the airlines to fly people and supplies out there, do it for free? And evian give loads of water?
why don't these companies, that make huge profits, be as charitable as i'm expected to be?

I am curious to know where all these news reporters out there are staying.
Always got clean shirts on when presenting the desperate films of the rescues and such.
They keep saying that the people have no drinking water or food but these news men find water to wash and shave and launder.

Also, there are no local communications lines open nor electricity etc, but they can always get onto the satalites for their reports.
When you considering cameraman, sound guy and the news guy, along with a couple of technicians, for each news company, and the UK has Sky, BBC, ITN, how many hundreds are there out there getting in the way, using up essential supplies sent in for the injured and homeless, and being of as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

dont forget the 100% dammage is along the fault line and reduces the further away you get from the fault line perhaps 1 hours drive away life will go on fairly normaly with a lot less dammage
only the poorly designed building will collapse at around 20 miles from the epicentre

or more to the point... if 20 of the premierships footie players gave a weeks earnings... that would equate to me giving £5 a week for the rest of my life?

another thought
you will also have sharing off assests within world news
ok the biggies will have there own crew but certain smaller outfits will either sub in there whole news content or use another crew with there own front man and logo imposed or share the big groups facilitys at a cost or otherwise

When Simon Cowel and Madonna are down to their last million they can start asking Joe public on minimum/average wage to donate to others. Until that time they can shut the **** up.

On the subject of communication with the newsmen, they usually have satellite equipment so small to fit in a briefcase now. Dont need satellite van etc. Often, they use videophones now, which you can tell because of the poorer picture quality.

And they might only have two "assistants" to the reporter, a sound guy and a cameraman, or it might be the same person if they use clip on mikes or cameras built in mike (not usually practical out in the open though).

Joe90, here here. :idea:

Well I just wanted to say a big thank you to all those stars who will be giving up their time to sing,perform etc for the Haiti appeal to encourage us to donate.
Just wonder how much of their own cash they have put in the pot?? :confused:

I would be happy to hand over a week of my wages if all the premiership players popstars politicans etc were to do the same. ;)

From what i've been reading recently it is quite the norm for celebs to get paid to appear at charity events so don't go thinking that they are doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. I'd bet a fair chunk of the money raised gets spent on celebs fees, their accommodation and hospitality and the cost of staging the event(s). Most celebs could dontate a figure far greater than i could which would have a much bigger effect on the aid effort and they probably wouldn't even notice they'd given it - but i'd like to bet they don't!

Sponsored Links
Back