Still funny even now

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure what your point is, but if it is about the two definitions of progress, maybe I confused the issue a little.
When I first copied and pasted the definition, I accidentally copied a whole load of garbage with it, and I had to subsequently crop a lot of it out.
Here is the original. You'll see that both definitions refer to advancement.
View attachment 216919
Whatever Razzler..it is dancing around on the head of a pin being a clever pedantic shìt

Sponsored Links
"""A Field Guide to Negative Progress""
Not all progress is positive!
It's a pizz take of the concept.
Wakey, wakey!

the US economy’s current condition of, ahem, “negative growth.” Negative growth? Why yes, that’s the opposite of growth, and it’s apparently quite a common bit of jargon in economics just now.​

It's a pizz take of the concept.
Wakey, wakey!

the US economy’s current condition of, ahem, “negative growth.” Negative growth? Why yes, that’s the opposite of growth, and it’s apparently quite a common bit of jargon in economics just now.​
""""Social progress, scientific progress and economic development are usually considered as having a positive effect on our society however there are some cases where this change can have a negative effect too."""
Try this...Easier for your braincell to absorb.

""""Social progress, scientific progress and economic development are usually considered as having a positive effect on our society however there are some cases where this change can have a negative effect too."""

Oh how kind of you to mention Brexit. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

See the different use of the words?
I doubt if you do.

Amazing how relevant after all these years the sketches still are.

It all depends what you consider as progress.
Was the result of 2016 referendum progress towards the UK leaving the EU.
If you voted leave then you would probably describe the 2016 result as positve progress.
If you are a remainer you won't describe it as progress, so it is up to the individual to make there own mind up as to what the would consider as progress.

They are inter-changeable....
It all depends what you consider as progress.
The election of Boris Johnson was considered progress towards an objective i. e. the completion of the people's decision to leave the EU.
The definition of 'progress' implies improvement or advancement.

Yes we can disagree about what is considered change or progress. But that doesn't change the inherent definition of progress.
If you consider Brexit as an objective then you will see decisions or policies towards that objective as progress, otherwise, you'll see it as undesirable change.
It doesn't alter the inherent definition of the word 'progress', just because some view the alterations in a different light.

Sponsored Links
Back