Stud Wall onto UFH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So i've been a bit of an idiot. I have had a room tiled, with electric underfloor heating underneath. I totally forgot to account for the fact that a stud wall was going to be built on top of these tiles. The stud has to be screwed into the tiles and I have no idea where the cables are!

Saying that, I do know that there are no cables at 20cm at one end, and 60cm at the other end (of where the wall is going). The total width of the wall (including a 70cm door), will be 180cm, from one side of the room to the other.

If we just put screws into the 20cm and 60cm areas, will the wall be sturdy enough? Or, can it be glued down to the tiles instead? (Porcelain tiles).

Any help much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
You could wedge the top plate down from any ceiling joist positions then, after clearing for pipes & cables, screw up through the wedges into the joists, & use construction glue for the bottom plate.
Plug & screw the last studs into the abutting walls.

If your proposed wall happens to run down the length of a joist bay (ie. between joists) come back here.

Dont screw down - you will be screwing blind and sods law says you will hit water.

It's electric.
Fix the head and the end uprights and glue the soleplate down

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back