Sue Gray

Not what the press say
see - I'm just reporting the news.

It comes to something when anyone considers the above to be an issue at all, let alone a "bigger" one.............

......unless anyone is contesting the veracity of her report.

Sponsored Links
I'm not.

I'm focused on the naughty chit chats that went on undeclared, contrary to rules and the secret recruiting that went on, contrary to the rules.

I'm just reporting the news.

Actually, you are making allegations.

"Reporting the news" you would have said "According to the Daily Torygraph, civil servants are anti-government saboteurs who cannot be trusted to show lying Conservative politicians in a favourable light"

With a link.

When are you going to provide a link to this press release you claim to have seen? Does it really exist?

Sponsored Links
Are you saying the job discussions started before October 2022. Is there any evidence for that?

Why do some right wing posters on here think it is clever or funny to deliberately misspell words. Is it a passive aggressive sort of thing.

Actually, you are making allegations.

"Reporting the news" you would have said "According to the Daily Torygraph, civil servants are anti-government saboteurs who cannot be trusted to show lying Conservative politicians in a favourable light"

With a link.

When are you going to provide a link to this press release you claim to have seen? Does it really exist?
If I'd said that I would have just looked like a single minded left wing fool, that doesn't want to hear any news unless it was first published in the Guardian. Sky, The Mail, the sun the beeb etc etc. are all reporting on the "no comment". Even the Guardian is in full on defence mode trying to spin it.
Tranny does it deliberately.
and you know this is fact? or are you telling fibs?

For Criminal Justice, we have sec 34-37. JohnD will not get off his hypothetical speeding ticket by going no comment. In fact it will end up with a bigger fine and more points.

I see you've now altered your claim to suggest there was evidence of an offence.

But in my imaginary trial, there was no evidence of speeding, or anything else.

Where is your imaginary press release?

back in October, she made a press release

Last edited:
There is no need for video evidence. All that is needed is an allegation of an offence, some corroboration (e.g. a second opinion) and you are going to have to defend yourself. That means answering questions. I hope you never find yourself on the wrong side of a magistrates court. They are high speed "justice" machines with efficiency of punishment as the top priority. Most magistrates will believe a prosector and most clerks of the court are barely competent to manage their own toilet needs.

There is no need for video evidence. All that is needed is an allegation of an offence, some corroboration (e.g. a second opinion) and you are going to have to defend yourself. That means answering questions.
There was no evidence.

I think if Sue and Keir were purely talking about a job, then there is very little to this. If they were talking about how they would organise things after a Labour election victory, that is also fine. If she was leaking confidential information that's a very different matter.

It's not very different to top people in industry. It's fine for them to discuss a new job, they just can't give out trade secrets. For the moment I trust that they weren't doing this.

Sponsored Links
Back